Control what resources open and sync all to same text

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24
Dan O'Day | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:16 AM

I have certain resources I want to open in various places when I do OT studies, and another set for NT studies. I have set up an OT and an NT layout, but it always opens to the text I was studying when I created the layout, not the text I'm currently studying. Then I have to manually change each tab to the new text. This is tedious. How can I get all of the resources open to go to the same text at once?

Posts 9657
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:44 AM

Hi Dan

Dan O'Day:
How can I get all of the resources open to go to the same text at once?

Does linking resources (described at http://wiki.logos.com/Linking_Resources) give you what you want?

Graham 

Posts 16410
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 12:46 AM

Dan O'Day:
I have set up an OT and an NT layout, but it always opens to the text I was studying when I created the layout,

If you restart Logos you should get the same layout with resource locations unchanged. If you want to preserve that layout then go to Layouts menu and update the named layout to current snapshot (on right click menu). Then you can load a new layout and repeat the process to preserve it before reloading the other layout.

If you have another computer you can resume the study provided you close Logos on the first computer (you don't necessarily have to preserve it and then manually load it). But this is worth testing.

When 5.0b is released it will have some Layout Settings and you will have to study the default to be sure it is what you want.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 24
Dan O'Day | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:52 PM

Yes, I think linking will do it, although I was hoping for a simpler solution (link everything open right now to this bible verse). Thanks,

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS