Importing Personal Books

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 27
Todd Zuidema | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 3 2013 1:55 PM

I recently migrated to an iMac from a PC and have installed Logos 5.  Other than a few minor hitches with the installation, all seems to be working well except that I cannot access my personal books.  Were those backed up to the cloud and therefore, downloadable?  Or do I have to import those books somehow?  I would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Posts 22837
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 2:01 PM

Hi Todd

Currently, Logos synchronises information about personal books, such as title and type, but not the actual content.

They need to be recompiled on each machine where you want to access them. As you have moved platforms, this will probably mean having to re-enter the file details as the path descriptions will no longer match.

Logos is working,on providing full sync capabilities across multiple computers and to mobile but we don't know when this will be available.

Graham

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 3 2013 6:18 PM

Todd Zuidema:
 Were those backed up to the cloud and therefore, downloadable?

Not yet

Todd Zuidema:

Or do I have to import those books somehow?

One option is copying *.lbspbb files from PC Resources folder, then use scan command on Mac, followed by restarting Logos 5.  The scan command specifies a path to scan for unlocked resources, which are copied into Logos4 folder and indexed.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 33
Sam DeSocio | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:35 AM

So I cant move my personal books to my tablet or phone? Wow when I bought it at a conference that was one of the features that sold me on the system.

Posts 22837
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:58 AM

Sam DeSocio:

So I cant move my personal books to my tablet or phone? Wow when I bought it at a conference that was one of the features that sold me on the system.

Not at the moment.

As above, Logos are working on it and many people (myself included) are looking forward to it

Posts 28361
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 7:03 AM

Sam DeSocio:

Did someone tell you that you could? Or did they just talk about the personal book feature for the desktop? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS