Calling Logos Getting Annoying

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 51 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:00 AM

" So I'm posting here to see if the "great Logos customer service" actually is great"

I think that's what got me. Kevin, you sounded quite prickley.  It's a good thing the customer service came through for you.  I shudder to think....

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 11:05 AM

Garrett Mercury:
I think that's what got me. Kevin, you sounded quite prickley.

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:02 PM

Not that anyone wants to know what I think, but...

I find that the abhorrent reaction to Kevin's honest post quite typical here, and often it turns my stomach to the point that I purposefully stay away for extended periods.

Otherwise I find myself with a negative attitude when using the software, bad taste in my mouth as it were.

My two cents...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 334
Paul Strickert | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 12:14 PM

Yes

Posts 2083
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 2:03 PM

Garrett Mercury:

" So I'm posting here to see if the "great Logos customer service" actually is great"

I think that's what got me. Kevin, you sounded quite prickley.  It's a good thing the customer service came through for you.  I shudder to think....

The very nature of written "communication" in a forum can make it hard to decipher a person's tone.  That is why I try to assume that people aren't meaning to be negative if I take it that way unless they continue or make it more obvious.  With that said, I did not see anything particularly negative in any of Kevin's posts, except for possibly the one where he talks about not wanting people to defend Logos.  I think that he was irritated, and I am in touch with that emotion.  I also know that on several occasions people have gotten responses about concerns after posting in the forum.  I actually had a salesman call after I posted about the Hermeneia sale that was up some time ago.  I certainly don't think that he said anything that garnered the degree of "shots" that he took.  I assumed that there must have been some kind of past personal issue that I did not know about.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 117
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:37 AM

Schezic:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Ralph Hale:

Be sure to remind them that he is the same Kevin that spent so much time sucking up to them in his rag ...er mag. (concerning the L5 rollout.)

He definitely deserves better from them.

I take great offense to your calling Christian Computing Magazine a rag. I request an apology and ask you not to insult me or the publication I write for. If you don't like CCMag you're free to ignore it. We work hard to provide a service to the church for no cost. Most of us who write for it do not get paid except when we get some free software to review, which I've not gotten from Logos. I've either paid for it or was given software just like other beta testers were, however I was not given free software this time around I paid handsomely for it.

Apology?? Surely you jest !!! He gave you exactly what you were trolling for. ... A stump upon which to perch while defending the honor of your "publication."

Are you quite certain he isn't employed by the advertising wing of your firm?

Can't we all just get along?

Posts 2763
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:32 PM

I can see where someone would think I was angry or "prickly" as someone said. In fact the word I used in my title was the way I felt. Annoyed. I wanted to solve a problem and in the past an email to sales didn't fix another issue and this time calling became problematic. My time is valuable so I decided to try the forum.

Someone suggested I could email Bob about the issue. In fact I've had past conversations with him over Twitter and email. I just feel like this kind of thing can be dealt with by the hired help. If the forum post didn't work I'd have gone to the top through either Bob or Dan. They're great people and I know they'd have fixed it. But the respectful thing to do was go through channels first.

BTW the email non-response may have actually been on my end. An attachment was sent to me to respond to my request and it may have been killed by the spam filter.

In the end here's what someone can take away from this post.

1. Logos isn't perfect and occasionally lets their customers down like other companies.
  2. Logos does an above average job of attempting to fix said problem as best they can.
  3. Members of this forum range in spectrum from people who will attack anyone who even thinks about criticizing Logos to people who will attack anyone who has an even slight admiration for the company with most somewhere in between.
  4. My hope is that we who read these forums and plan to do our best to follow Jesus should assume the best first in people and avoid judging someone else's motivations. Isn't that in scripture somewhere. Maybe we should all fire up Logos and search for it.

Prize to the first person who posts a link to a Logos passage or resource that deals with #4 above.

Posts 11063
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 3:49 PM

Kevin, in the company I was lucky to be an executive for, we didn't have 'hired help'. And our time was far less valuable than our 'help'.  And we didn't need Logos to figure that out.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 29345
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 4:47 PM

Kevin - not from this thread:

5. Logos' users are not perfect - they can be impatient and insist on acting as if they were shareholders.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 6:02 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Someone suggested I could email Bob about the issue. In fact I've had past conversations with him over Twitter and email. I just feel like this kind of thing can be dealt with by the hired help. If the forum post didn't work I'd have gone to the top through either Bob or Dan. They're great people and I know they'd have fixed it. But the respectful thing to do was go through channels first.

BTW the email non-response may have actually been on my end. An attachment was sent to me to respond to my request and it may have been killed by the spam filter.

I need someone to clarify what "going through channels" means. Does it mean that if I fail to look in my spam folder for a reply from Logos and I fail to monitor my phone when I'm on hold, That I should come here to the forums and expect immediate attention from customer service?

Posts 74
Ralph Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 6:55 AM

That's what it means to someone who wears a self-appointed Press Pass.Big Smile

Posts 175
Silent Sam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:45 AM

Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 297
Schezic | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 3:34 PM

Yeah, Hmm HHHMMMmmm~~~ Hmm

Posts 117
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:48 AM

Can't we all just get along?

Posts 67
Jeff Hetrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:49 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

I had a problem so I wished to talk to a customer service rep. First I waited about five minutes on hold and then was asked my name. Gave it and was told that I couldn't be heard. Then just one second later put on hold and was informed by the canned voice that I was caller number 3 in line. So I waited. This time when I was told I'd be next, I made sure my phone was ready and in hand. But almost instantly I was told I was caller number 6.

I don't mind waiting, but the CS reps should be willing to wait a little bit longer than one second. Also they should do a little better job of grabbing calls. Now it might be that there's an issue on their end and I just got caught. So I'm posting here to see if the "great Logos customer service" actually is great.

You may have just been the unfortunate exception to the rule of absolute top of the line Logos customer service. I'm one who is a little quick to pick up the phone, especially when time is short, and call rather than doing very deep research first (so I might have been one of those callers ahead of you - sorry).

Logos CS has been very busy, to be expected, with the release of V5 and the closing of the discounted sale period. I'm sure they try to please even the most impatient of us no matter how entitled we feel we are. 

Posts 3234
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:28 AM

I think its time for Logos to start banning some of these posters- may be they have mental or sin issues, but this type of stuff gets out of hand quick, and it seems some of these posters engage in nothing but pure baiting.

Posts 11063
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:41 AM

I agree completely.

I think if you can't ban them, at least Logos should establish 'Warning' labels for them and maybe icons like the 'stars'.

A head icon would mean they have mental issues.

Maybe a 'XX' would mean they have sin issues.

And a fishing pole for the baiters.

(Plus of course the press card one.)

For the good forum users there could be little angel halos.

And for the ones whose stomach turns at each negative thought, maybe some pills.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:42 AM

DMB:
And for the ones whose stomach turns at each negative thought, maybe some pills.

Maybe some aromatherapy, pills also bother my stomach sometimes. This would be nice:

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:24 AM

DMB:
I think if you can't ban them, at least Logos should establish 'Warning' labels for them and maybe icons like the 'stars'.
Here's your sign. Stick out tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvj_acGhbPk

Posts 325
Rene Atchley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:30 AM

DMB:

I agree completely.

A head icon would mean they have mental issues.

Maybe a 'XX' would mean they have sin issues.

And a fishing pole for the baiters.

(Plus of course the press card one.)

For the good forum users there could be little angel halos.

Maybe for those who are heavenly they could get the introductory special price, that goes on for months, after it changes to the new special price (that for a limited time) right before the regular higher price.  Perhaps another as a new incentive bonus Angelic members can have an increased amount of spam, since they desire increased savings, on the desk top so they can fully benefit from the pre-publication special prices before they became the higher new prices.

Page 2 of 3 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS