Minimal crossgrade or keep Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 164
Rick Harrell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:44 AM

After 30 years I am leaving pastoral ministry for missions (Eden Reforestation Projects) which involves a major pay cut. Is there a pressing reason to move to Logos 5? I have 4 platinum, way more books than I will ever read in this life, so I am not considering 5 gold or platinum. My concern is with ongoing support for 4.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Posts 28478
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:52 AM

Rick - If you don't think you will need or use the new resources / data sets / features, there isn't a reason to upgrade. You will be able to update to the L5 engine in the not-too-distant future for free… which will just give you the engine without the new features. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11081
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 11:55 AM

Given the title of your thread, I assume you already know that the Logos5 engine will be free in a few weeks.  And if you have the time (download costs), you should get it; Logos4 will eventually not be supported and Logos5 will receive the lion's share of software 'fixes'.

Regarding the minimum crossgrade, that really depends on if you enjoy the original languages and the nuences of your Bible study. As english is today, greek was then ... a platform for a rich communication of hopes and dreams of eternity.

As a 'minimum' I'd get the core datasets ($80). The extra 2 in the Minimum Crossgrade are  'iffy' for the time being; might pan out later with more work on Logos' part.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 25827
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 1:35 PM

Rick Harrell:
I am not considering 5 gold or platinum. My concern is with ongoing support for 4.

I agree that the Core Datasets would be the best way for you to move to Logos 5 (Note that it will not install to Win XP).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1357
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 4 2013 5:27 PM

Dave Hooton:

Rick Harrell:
I am not considering 5 gold or platinum. My concern is with ongoing support for 4.

I agree that the Core Datasets would be the best way for you to move to Logos 5 (Note that it will not install to Win XP).

That would be a solid move. I like the extra features that the Minimal Crossgrade includes. Watch the Mark Barnes video to see how they work and know if they will be of interest to you.

http://www.logosbiblesoftwaretraining.com/

Posts 38
Tim Bader | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:24 AM

Following your comment re the core datasets, is it possible to get the core datasets and then the "rest" of the minimum crossgrade at a later date?

Posts 23036
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 5 2013 5:41 AM

Tim Bader:

Following your comment re the core datasets, is it possible to get the core datasets and then the "rest" of the minimum crossgrade at a later date?

I am sure the answer to this would be yes - but it may (although I don't know) cost you more overall. Logos would need to advise on that

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS