Double upgrade- What about 1st UG DVD?

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 73
Terry M. Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2009 4:46 PM

I originally upgraded Logos 3 Gold to Logos 4 Gold. A few weeks later I upgraded Logos 4 Gold to Platinum. What do I do with the L4 Gold upgrade DVD? Do I need to keep it, or can I pitch it and just hang on to the L4 Platinum upgrade DVD in case of a reinstall? 

Thanks
Terry

Posts 2565
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 5:49 PM

I think both DVD's are identical in terms of the number of resources on them... if that helps at all. 

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 6:11 PM

There's nothing magical about that DVD. You can go ahead and pitch it (or save it). It all depends on whether or not you're opposed to redownloading all new resources when you install on another computer or reinstall. 

In all actuality it will make very little difference and will still require quite a download upon reinstall as they continue to upgrade the resources after they burned that DVD.

So feel free to toss the thing; your license is tied to your user id and not in the disc

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 1666
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 11:48 AM

It depends on whether they are sending you another DVD. The DVD is identical for the Gold and Platinim. Your license determines what will be unlocked.

Again, if this is the only DVD you have, keep it in case of a future install.

It will save hours and many Gigs of download time, and maybe money if your dowmloads are 'metered."

If you end up with 2 of them, then congratulations,  you are now the proud owner of a $5 "coaster."  :)

Steve

Regards, SteveF

Posts 73
Terry M. Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 1:02 PM

Thanks Steve. That helps. And, I now have a $5 coaster 8>)

Terry

Posts 2992
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 8:16 PM

TerryMMoore:

Thanks Steve. That helps. And, I now have a $5 coaster 8>)

Terry

Try microwaving it...see what happens

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS