installed logos 5 without buying a package. what databases am i missing?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 6 2013 6:53 PM

i recently bought a book and in the e-mail i received there was a link to install version 5 - which i did. (i have version 4)i have some of the databases but i am guessing that i am missing some. what am i missing and what doi i need to buy to get the databases.

thanks

howard silverman

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:12 PM

Howard ... your best bet is to read the Logos blog at http://blog.logos.com/2012/11/5-ways-to-move-to-logos-5/

Scroll down to 'Option 4' and you'll see a choice between the Crossgrade or the Core Datasets. One is $160 the other $80.  The difference is 2 datasets (clause search and sense lexicon, both assisting in original languages work).  Plus the crossgrade has a few extra resources you might find useful.

If you're willing to splurge, the Crossgrade won't do you wrong.  If you're tight on funds, the Core Datasets have most of the value of Logos5.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:28 PM

Howard Silverman:

i recently bought a book and in the e-mail i received there was a link to install version 5 - which i did. (i have version 4)i have some of the databases but i am guessing that i am missing some. what am i missing and what doi i need to buy to get the databases.

thanks

howard silverman

Howard I find this most interesting. But first let's do some checking to see what version you really have.

with Logos running click the question mark[upper right] click the About Logos at the bottom, this will tell you exactly what version with the version ## it will be either 4 or 5.

If it is 5 then you can close that window and now click on the TOOLs icon and there should be a big difference in what you see, if not then the core engine is there but possibly not the NEW and ROBUST DATASETS as described in some of the features:

http://www.logos.com/features?utm_source=blog.logos.com&utm_medium=blog&utm_content=textlink&utm_campaign=logos5

Hope this helps....

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 7:57 PM

this is interesting.   Evidently, by purchasing one book in logos 4,  i was able to download the logos 5 "core" because  all I  am missing is the timeline, clause search and the sense lexicon.  so if i want those databases  i will need the crossgrade.   

thank you.

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:08 PM

Howard Silverman:

this is interesting.   Evidently, by purchasing one book in logos 4,  i was able to download the logos 5 "core" because  all I  am missing is the timeline, clause search and the sense lexicon.  so if i want those databases  i will need the crossgrade.   

thank you.

Anytime, now a call to sales would be the next step, also while you are logged in you can go to the comparison page of the upgrade and see if a step up is feasible....as opposed to just the core databases...

Glad to be of service.

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:12 PM

now i see the difference between the core and crossgrade. What a quandary!   i already own the language resources that come in  the crossgrade. so if i want the additional databases i will be getting resources that i already own or do not need. oh well...

thanks

howard silverman

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:17 PM

Not really....sales can explain it better than I.....drop a dime - it's worth the time.

Posts 82
Howard Silverman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 6 2013 8:33 PM

good idea.  

thanks. i will call them in the morning.

Posts 10649
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 7 2013 1:22 AM

Howard Silverman:
i already own the language resources that come in  the crossgrade. so if i want the additional databases i will be getting resources that i already own or do not need.

Note that the Minimal Crossgrade works with "dynamic pricing", i.e. you won't pay for things you already own. The product page should show you your individual price. That said, I don't expect a big reduction if you own "only" the book resources, as the value is with the databases. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS