What benefits will the free engine of logos 5 be?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Samuel | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 8 2013 5:55 PM

I was just wondering what benefits would be the benefits of the free engine of logos 5?

Would it have any new features compared to the free engine of logos 4?

Thanks =]

God Bless us all! 

Posts 28029
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 6:00 PM

Samuel- there is great discussion over that now, and Logos needs to clarify a bit more for us... However... For most users of L4 whose computer specs match the requirements of L5, there isn't much reason not to upgrade. L4 will see some service releases, but you shouldn't expect many new features... And none that wouldn't be available via the L5 engine. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28029
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 6:01 PM

This wiki page may be of some help: http://wiki.logos.com/Upgrade_or_Crossgrade

Posts 9118
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 6:47 PM

Samuel,

Please take a look at this wiki article: http://wiki.logos.com/Logos_5.0

Look under the sections New Features (free), New Features for Macintosh/Windows, and Bug Fixes.

If you like L4 you will like L5 even better.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 28029
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:03 PM

Thanks for the link Mark. Smile

Posts 10545
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 7:05 PM

In addition to Mark and Alabama's comments, Logos5 just seems faster to many users. That's a good thing!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 18
Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 3:59 PM

Thanks guys for all the information! You all were really helpful!!

God Bless!!

Posts 39
Scott K | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:10 PM

I'm so happy so see in version 5 a feature I had suggested to Logos a couple of years ago: examples of  search syntax within the search function.  This is now baked into the engine of version 5.  Brilliant.

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:37 PM

Mega benefits, man, mega benefits!

Let me tell you that formerly with the Logos 4 there was always a lag when I clicked something. I had gotten so used to it that I didn't realize it.

But dude! The Logos 5 engine is snappy!

So far, I don't see a single drawback. If I had the cash, I would have purchased the crossgrade. But I still get something great anyway! Logos is awesome!

Posts 45
Jason York | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2013 1:50 PM

Where do i get the free engine? i have been trying to find it. 

Posts 10545
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 26 2013 2:11 PM

http://www.logos.com/installation  

Remember the various guides and list of videos are at wiki.logos.com 

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 54
Hans Vel Tromp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 27 2013 11:24 AM

Hi,

Still it's all unclear to me. Partly due to the tremendous amount of sites, words, schemes, etc., etc. The more you see, the more I get discourage to find out. See for example the Feature Comparsion from this site: http://wiki.logos.com/Upgrade_or_Crossgrade

Not only the technical terms are driving me… (you know), but also the inconsequent tables.

Question: What happens, according to this table, with the Passage Guide, the Exegetical Guide and the Bible Word Study in Logos 5 Free? It's stated as blank, so what does that mean?

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 28 2013 6:12 AM

Hans Vel Tromp:
Not only the technical terms are driving me… (you know), but also the inconsequent tables.

Hans, I welcome feedback. Please clarify which "technical terms" and what "inconsequent" means.

Hans Vel Tromp:
Question: What happens, according to this table, with the Passage Guide, the Exegetical Guide and the Bible Word Study in Logos 5 Free? It's stated as blank, so what does that mean?

This is explained along with Y = and X = etc. just above the Feature Comparison table i.e.

Blank = available in interface and will work partially or fully without datasets, depending on resources

e.g. you can get good results from Passage Guide with just commentaries but Cross-Reference resources, "topical" bibles and bible harmonies (for Parallel Passages) will fill out the information, along with the datasets for Bible Facts (the previous table will show you how to get these).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS