Logos 5 not responding offline

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 30
Mark Nichols | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 8 2013 10:46 PM

I'm running a Win 8 Toshiba Ultrabook and Logos 5. When I try to run Logos 5 offline it always comes up with a "not responding" error. I'm traveling with minimal internet access, and it's a pain to have to wait until I login to have Logos 5 work.

Is there a solution? What steps do I need to follow in order to provide additional information that might be needed for a fix?

Thanks,

Mark.

Posts 15913
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 8 2013 11:38 PM

I can't replicate that assuming you opt to "Work offline" by starting Logos with CTRL key held.

Are you offline because there is no internet access, or because you have the setting  "Use Internet" = NO?

If the problem occurs with "Work offline" then you should have a logos.log in Documents\Logos Log Files, else start logging and upload the log.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 30
Mark Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 12:36 AM

Hi there Dave,

Thanks for prompt response. I've attached the log file. The reason I'm working offline from time to time is because of sporadic internet access.

Cheers,

Mark. 3438.LogosError-2.log

Posts 15913
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 4:23 AM

Mark

I need logos.log which records what is happening whilst the program is running, although logosError.log might help as well.

Dave
===

Posts 30
Mark Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 2:07 PM

Sorry 'bout that - hope the attached is the right one!5148.awesomium.log

Posts 15913
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 9:59 PM

Mark Nichols:
5148.awesomium.log

I need Logos.log and LogosError.log!

Dave
===

Posts 30
Mark Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:23 PM

These are the only three .log files I have on my computer, all in the same directory:

8510.awesomium.log

8357.LogosError.log

4062.LogosError-2.log

Posts 15217
Forum MVP
alabama24 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:35 PM

Mark Nichols:
These are the only three .log files I have on my computer, all in the same directory:

Mark - Dave is much more knowledgeable than I am (and a PC user), so I will let him help you out… but to help move things along a bit…. Please go back up to Dave's first post. He has a link to help you start logging, which is turned off by default. Since you don't have the logos.log, it doesn't appear that you have done that. If you have and its still not working, let us know. Smile

OSX 10.9 | iOS 7 | L5 Gold | Mac Logs | Install

Posts 30
Mark Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:48 PM

Thanks for your patience... Instructions (finally!) followed, here's the files:

52141.Logos.log

6523.LogosError.log

Hope these do the trick!

Posts 12700
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 8:44 PM

Mark Nichols:
Hope these do the trick!

Noticed a layout being opened.  Wonder about working offline and launch to a blank layout ?

From a blank layout, can choose to open resource(s) and/or use layouts menu to open a layout.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 15913
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 11:08 PM

Mark Nichols:
Hope these do the trick!

Yes, thanks for that.

As KS4J mentioned it could be related to a layout as a snapshot of it is taking 7s, rather than say 2-3s. I don't know if takes the same time online, but there are errors associated with syncing layouts, so building a simpler layout (less tabs) is the way to go.

Dave
===

Posts 272
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 7:40 AM

I am having the same issue. The workaround in my case is to start Logos with an empty layout. Hold down ctrl and then double-click the Logos icon. Then tick "use blank layout" and click "work offline". This allows me to startup Logos but I cannot go to my saved layouts as Logos otherwise crashes.

Armin

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Mike (Tech Support) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 8:11 AM

Hey Guys,

It would probably be best to call in for Support on this issue. Because Logos is "hanging", the log isn't recording a lot of helpful information. However, in most hang scenarios, we usually find that the problem occurs int he Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Font Cache. You may wish to try the steps in this article before calling: http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/font-cache.

Posts 30
Mark Nichols | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 1:40 PM

Thanks everyone, fewer resources open certainly helps! Great to have a workable solution so promptly, deeply appreciated.

Mark.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS