Maps in Faithlife Study Bible

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Stephen Sarma-Weierman | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:16 AM

When I click on the map for Acts 14:1 or 16:1 on the FSB, the popup gives a rather unfriendly and unhelpful error message "Forbidden." Other popup resources seem to work fine, until I try to click on a map. After closing the popup for the map, many of the links in FSB stop working altogether.

Posts 4
Stephen Sarma-Weierman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:18 AM

If it's of any importance, I'm using Google Chrome on Windows and Mac OS X, I have the same behaviour under both operating systems.

Posts 10783
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 7:30 AM

Sounds like an incorrect link and so an expert Monday maybe.

On the other hand, this may be a case for Nancy Drew or one of the Hardy Boys.  The northern flank of the Taurus range was well known for secrets never exposed during the Ottoman reign.  Scholars still pose the unanswerable question: why did two early followers of an executed Galilean teacher travel all the way north of the Taurus as their first mission trip.

FLSB's an interesting resource.

And welcome to the forums, Stephen!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 22657
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 8:09 AM

Stephen Sarma-Weierman:
If it's of any importance, I'm using Google Chrome on Windows and Mac OS X, I have the same behaviour under both operating systems.

Strange - I've just tried this using Windows 8 and Chrome and for both the references you cited the maps display fine so I doubt if its a faulty link on the site.

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:22 AM

Works fine for me on Windows 7 using Firefox. I suspect somehow you do not have a license for that resource. Do you just have the Faithlife Study Bible?

Posts 4
Stephen Sarma-Weierman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 11:33 AM

Frank Fenby:

Works fine for me on Windows 7 using Firefox. I suspect somehow you do not have a license for that resource. Do you just have the Faithlife Study Bible?

That's probably the problem. I do just have the FSB and whatever free stuff Logos occasionally offers. Any idea which resource would have the maps? 

Thanks for the welcome, DMB!

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 10:50 PM

Well according to this post http://blog.logos.com/2013/01/get-the-faithlife-study-bible-free-for-life/ the maps should be included in the free download. A student of mine, who has just the Faithlife study Bible on an Android device has the maps that you can not access. 

Posts 22657
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 9 2013 11:41 PM

Frank Fenby:

Well according to this post http://blog.logos.com/2013/01/get-the-faithlife-study-bible-free-for-life/ the maps should be included in the free download. A student of mine, who has just the Faithlife study Bible on an Android device has the maps that you can not access. 

Yes, but I think Stephen (and he would need to confirm this) is seeing this problem when trying to access these resources on Biblia via a browser not a mobile app.

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:39 AM

Yes, the point is it is not a license issue with having just FSB.

Stephen you might try deleting and re-installing FSB.

Posts 4
Stephen Sarma-Weierman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:58 PM

I'm using Biblia.com, so there's nothing to delete and re-install. I just tried clearing my browser's cache, but that didn't help any.

Posts 349
Frank Fenby | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:15 PM

I think you need to get help from customer service. It sound like your account record may have an error.

Sorry, I forgot that you do not a base package. I am not sure how they will handle your account since all you have a some free products. It could not hurt to call.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS