New Resources Not Showing Up in My Library

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 26 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 10 2013 3:05 AM

Hi,

Since migrating to Logos 5 from Logos 4, the two new resources that I have ordered do not show up in my library.

I am running Logos 5 on a Macbook Pro running OSX Lion.  I had the Logos 4 Platinum Scholars Library, and decided to move to the L5 Minimal Crossgrade.  After updating to L5, I saw that I had two Logos Applications in my Applications folder, both L4 & L5.  Later, I noticed that my new resources would not show up in my library.  I deleted the L4 application and then reinstalled L5.  Those new resources are still not showing up.  I tried using the command Update Now, but that does not help either.

Any suggestions?  

Blessings,    

Kevin

Posts 16644
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 3:32 AM

As I understand it, you did not need to reinstall L5 

Assuming L5 is working ok, try a restart followed by update now. This is often a matter of waiting for the Logos server to update, so wait a while before trying the same again.  As a last resort try update resources.

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 5178
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 3:57 AM

Kevin Olson:
Those new resources are still not showing up.  I tried using the command Update Now, but that does not help either.
As Dave explained, Update Resources would be the command that compares your licences with the books on your PC and loads what might be missing.

However: which two resources are you lacking? Because it could be that these haven't shipped yet. 

running Logos 5.3 Beta 1 (Verbum Master+, Lutheran Silver) on Acer Extensa 5230E with 4GB RAM & 250GB SSD - Win7 Home 32bit & Android apps on Kindle Fire

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:18 AM

The Two Resources are:  Parsing the Greek New Testament and Satan, the free book for Feb. 

Posts 16644
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:43 PM

Kevin Olson:

The Two Resources are:  Parsing the Greek New Testament and Satan, the free book for Feb. 

Have they downloaded yet?

Dave
===

Posts 16644
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:50 PM

Kevin Olson:

Have they downloaded yet?

Dave
===

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:11 PM

Hi Dave,

No, they have not downloaded yet.  I used the update resources command, and an update of 23Mb shows up in the little text box.  When I click on the update, sometimes it downloads, and I get the message that the Logos Installer wants to install something, but then nothing happens.  If I do another update resources, the same 23Mb download shows up,  At other times, the download gets hung up.  It is rather strange.

Perhaps it is my internet connection.  NE Cambodia does not have the best Internet at times. 

I will keep trying.

Thanks & Blessings,

Kevin

Posts 16644
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 11:25 PM

If you enable logging we can get  to know what is happening. The logs we are interested in are Logos.log and LogosIndexer.log.

When you get the message that an update is ready to be installed, please save (or rename) those two logs before you allow the installation. Then, when the installation has finished, save the same logs before you do anything else (the logs will be overwritten when you restart Logos). Then upload the two sets of logs as described in the wiki.

Dave
===

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 11 2013 6:53 AM

Hi Dave,

It happened again (twice in fact), where there was a 23.8Mb download, and after downloading it, and going through the install, nothing new appears in my library.  I did get the logs and I have sent them to Tech Support. 

Thanks!

Kevin

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 12 2013 2:26 PM

I have responded via email.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:42 AM

HI Hunter,

I was able to download and install the latest update (5.2.0562). However, afterwards I got a message that there was another update to install.  I downloaded it but no new resources showed up in my library.  It was an update of 67.9Mb.  I have enabled logging again, and now I am downloading an update of 45.4Mb.  I will collect the logs and send them to you.

Blessings,

Kevin

Posts 4971
Forum MVP
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 6:50 AM

Kevin Olson:
I was able to download and install the latest update (5.2.0562). However, afterwards I got a message that there was another update to install.  I downloaded it but no new resources showed up in my library.  It was an update of 67.9Mb. 

Kevin, sometimes downloads are databases and other times they are existing resources.  In both those cases you won't see anything new in the library.  The homepage, however, lists all the recent downloads--resources and databases.  It's the best place to see what a download was.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Moving Logos between systems / Detailed Search Help - ThinkPad T520: 2.4GHz i5-2430M, 8GB, 7200RPM HD, integrated video

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 3:01 PM

Hi Todd,

The home page is what I look to to see if they downloaded correctly, and no new resources are showing up there.  Then I check the library to double check, and nothing there either. 

I got some new logs.  I am including before and after logs.  6036.Logs.zip

Blessings,

Kevin

Posts 16644
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:20 PM

Kevin Olson:
I got some new logs.  I am including before and after logs.

The error is caused by the ClauseVisualizer/Discovered.db. Is this the same database Hunter advised you about?

There were errors with the MacDownloadManager  in the (before) log that may need attention

Dave
===

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:41 PM

Hi Dave,

Here is what Hunter advised: 

I’d ask you to navigate to /Users/user/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/kl0z9chz.0m3/ResourceManager/ and move the ClauseVisualizer folder to your desktop.

Then, restart Logos 5 and it should begin working.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I did exactly what he asked, and it still did not solve the problem. 

Blessings,

Kevin

Posts 16644
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 4:52 PM

Then you need to take this further by contacting Logos Support & quoting this thread

Dave
===

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:06 PM

Hey Dave,

It appears that the resources have downloaded onto my computer.  1st & 3rd from Left on the bottom.  They just do not show up in my library, and I cannot access them.  

Blessings,

Kevin

Posts 78
Kevin Olson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 1:43 AM

Resolved....

The latest suggestions from tech support seems to have fixed it

Thanks to all!

Kevin

Posts 5
Jesse Richards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:05 PM

I am having the same issue.... since installing the minimal crossgrade my newly purchased resources yesterday are not installing to my account.

Posts 5
Jesse Richards | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 16 2013 12:06 PM

what suggestion was that?

Page 1 of 2 (27 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS