Adding new Books from CD to Logos 4

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:29 PM

I've upgraded to Libronix 4 platinum ... and just bought the preachers essential library for libronix from RCS ...

SO I have a Libronix CD (3.0 version) that is new and has new content and start up libronix 4.0 and put the cd in the drive and nothing happens ... how do I get Libronix 4.0 to read the CD with the new files ... install the serial number .... and add it to the library WITHOUT using Libronix 3.0 as a middle man.

The reason is something happened to my computer and for SOME reason Libronix 3.0g and another program both give errors when they start up (and I can't get windows to "go back" to a point where it works.

So I'm stuck with a working Libronix 4 and a non functional 3 and want to get some books on my new cd into my libronix 4.0 ... how is this done. The help files are not helpful and the "FAQ" on line doesn't cover this subject.

Steve Egge

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:34 PM

Stephen Egge:

I've upgraded to Libronix 4 platinum ... and just bought the preachers essential library for libronix from RCS ...

SO I have a CD and start up libronix 4.0 and put the cd in the drive ... how do I get Libronix to read the CD and add it to the library WITHOUT using Libronix 3.0 as a middle man.

The reason is something happened to my computer and for SOME reason Libronix 3.0g and another program both give errors when they start up (and I can't get windows to "go back" to a point where it works.

So I'm stuck with a working Libronix 4 and a non functional 3 and want to get some books on my new cd into my libronix 4.0 ... how is this done. The help files are not helpful and the "FAQ" on line doesn't cover this subject.

Steve Egge

You could try repairing L3 from the add/remove programs menu (AKA Programs & Features menu).

Or you could uninstall L3 and reinstall it from the CD you just got (might work).

If you can't get L3 to work for you, the only way to install this would be to contact Logos support and have them unlock it for you in their home office. They'll give you instructions about installing it to Logos4, if it doesn't just all download automatically for you.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 7 2009 10:48 PM

Hmmm ... doesn't seem very user friendly ... what If I had ONLY logos 4.0 installed and went out and bought the anchor bible dictionary on CD and it arrived and I was psyched to use it and didn't want to install and uninstall 3.0 to get my books into 4.0 ... I would have to wait tlll logos opened ... call them and have them unlock it ...

There is so much good 3.0 stuff out there it seems a major "missing feature" not to be able to easily install version 3 books to the 4.0 system.

I've tried fixing the problem (uninstalling and reinstalling) and I think the only way to fix it is a clean install of windows as it seems to be a major error ... "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005)"  BOTH  with Logos 3.0g and WS_FTP cause this error ... seemed to happen when I upgraded to Norton 360 3.0 (unistalling that doesn't fix it either ... nor does uninstalling google chrome)  ... I've tried and failed at fixing the problem .. but it is only with those two programs.  SO  I think I'll do that when I build a new computer and move up to windows 7.

Thanks ... I'll call logos tomorrow .

Steve

Posts 24852
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 1:18 AM

Stephen Egge:
There is so much good 3.0 stuff out there it seems a major "missing feature" not to be able to easily install version 3 books to the 4.0 system.

Your choice with Logos is to Download the resource to L4. With attractive offers from 3rd parties I would keep L3 installed!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 20
Stephen Egge | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 12:32 PM

called and after getting through ... I was able to register the books and have Logos 4 download and reindex.

Steve

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS