I don't engage in baiting. How long is this ...

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2038
Unix | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Feb 10 2013 9:31 AM

(First: sorry, I'm a bit wordy but I'm also aware of that I should keep silent too.)

... development going to continue? Logos probably can't ban paying customers all that easily from the forums. Someone suggested labeling them with public warnings, I think such a sollution would just put new users off as this forum would then start seeming like a closed sect (or what word should I use?).

It's surprising how badly one gets treated over here despite being serious at least 95% of the time. Story: (One thing yesterday morning caused an uproar but was not even a mistake by my part and even less so deliberate ... I had done my best and after people started questioning me I quickly responded by questioning why I should pay for multiple image hosting servers and webpages to host just one important image? I'm not good at computer graphics, I don't have any other computer graphics software than Paint, I don't have a camera, and all I have is a few face photos and screendumps. I don't even have antivirus, a cellular phone nor internet, and I don't want to use free abroad services in this case nor ones that require a login or have ad banners.)

How can people be so sensitive and start bullying me?

I think I try hard to be serious, both studying a bit of Science, 1¼ years of Theology + an undecided amount of Gk. I'm not even an interlinear fan. I change my mind sometimes about books, luckily I've been able to return books, for example this Friday I was able to return the largest amount of books by promising to make a new large purchase (I said I would and did the purchase right away).

I understand very well that it takes a lot of work, which I haven't done to the extent I should have (yet), to gain some respect. I am very sorry that I didn't use Logos for many years after my initial tiny purchase because I was an atheist. I became Christian again sometime in the turn of the month May/June 2011 but was still unserious regarding relationships at that point and for a couple of months. Speaking of several areas of life, I've already lost so much time, that's why no matter what I say during the next decades I realize I will not have any following to ever speak about. I plan to release a book ~12-13 years from now, that is a tight schedule for me. I expect it to have really low sales figures and I'm fine with that.I have a good patience. I apologize I ran out of patience yesterday!

I generally avoid bragging. I don't list most of my books and spendings.

I look optimistically to future new publications to purchase years from now: now I'll take a brake from purchases and not buy much (other than UBS Handbooks, LSJ if I'll do that much of the enticing classical Gk studies, Oxford Dictionary of the Christian Church, Anabaptist History Collection, and perhaps Catholic Practicum (altough that latter one is maybe not worth it)) for several years; so I really hope better new books will come in Logos years from now! I'll wait. The books really don't need to come soon.
I hope I'll find them when the time comes (just like I hope people will find my book), the Logos store is so large and the (pre-pub) offers so many. (I might also take a break from following offers.)

Aply!
trulyergonomic.com 6,200own
12G A9-9420 V8.6 Acc 11
d:'13Q3 12G

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:25 AM

<<<yawn>>>

Posts 11063
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:26 AM

Unix, that's probably me you're referring to from another thread. And in it, I was simply making light of another poster who seemed to believe sinners, mental people, and others like that could be identified and then properly banned from the forum by Logos.

So the post was the opposite of your reading and maybe I should stop my bad habits of reverse logic (though it was a formal technique used by greeks in our Logos books, but practice by modern amateurs can lead to truly bad results).

But irrespective of my own poor humor, I think your 'problem' is you're open and transparent. You're honest. But the net result is often some of the reactions you have observed.

And as regards 'warnings', I'm in the significant minority that agrees with the 'other' poster (though instead of 'warnings' I'd use something along the lines of primary theology; even the owner of the company said that was easy to figure out.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 2593
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:31 AM

In My Humble Opinion your doing OK.  

Posts 2593
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:39 AM

DMB:

So the post was the opposite of your reading and maybe I should stop my bad habits of reverse logic (though it was a formal technique used by greeks in our Logos books, but practice by modern amateurs can lead to truly bad results).

Gen 3:1  Now the serpent was more crafty than any other beast of the field that the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God actually say, 'You shall not eat of any tree in the garden'?" ESV

That snake used negative logic and look where that got us!  Unless well trained crafty reverse logic wins every time, just look what it did to Eve. 

Posts 11063
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 10:48 AM

True.  But using our exegetical skills on this wintery Sunday afternoon, the serpent technically was asking a rhetorical question, since Eve would not know what God 'actually' said (her hubby being the recipient). Now she DID fall for the crafty question, trying her best to remember what Adam obviously had already forgotten telling her.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 29345
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 4:35 PM

Unix, don't worry about it. Very few users would have even thought that it might be deliberate, therefore users assumed you didn't know and brought it to your attention.

Yes, in the forums it is easy to set a bad tone, especially when there are other threads with negative tones. Just remember that most of us recognize ourselves and you as imperfect children of God. What could be better?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1797
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:07 PM

MJ. Smith:

Just remember that most of us recognize ourselves and you as imperfect children of God. What could be better?

Yes

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 5:26 PM

MJ. Smith:
Just remember that most of us recognize ourselves and you as imperfect children of God.

Speak for yourself, John—er, M.J.   Wink  Wink  Big Smile

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 241
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 6:51 PM

Unix, I think I understand you. Something about what you are saying sounds very familiar.   God bless you!Smile

One thing that has always helped me in the past is understanding justification by faith. I can recommend almost anything by Luther, especially his commentary on Galatians. It helped me anchor myself against the vicious assaults of the ENEMY.

Luther is not dry, my friend, despite what they make him out to be in the confirmation class.

It may seem to be getting off the subject, but I assure you it is not. I tend to be like the squirrel in the movie Ice Age, perpetually trying to get the acorn. Although I still have my moments, like I say, Luther has calmed me down a bit.

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:14 PM

Unix living in celibacy:
I'm not even an interlinear fan

Then I count you as a friend!Smile

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Posts 130
Willard Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 10 2013 7:29 PM

Birds of a Feather.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS