The 1900 King James Version - one resource, or two?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 13379
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 8 2009 1:16 AM

The 1900 KJV are two separate resource (one the canonical books, the other the deutero-canonical books), but if you add either resource to the priority list, it is added as The King James Version with Apocrypha (two volumes).

An obvious question: why does this do this? And do any other resources act in the same way?

But equally, this struck me as potentially a really useful feature. If we could put books together and treat them as one resource, that would be wonderful. I'm thinking particularly of the set of Bunyan's works, which needlessly adds 61 resources to me list. Ditto the text of the earlier NT manuscripts. I guess I'm thinking something like Serial Resource Associations, with the additional option of treating the resulting group as one resource.

Posts 25282
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 1:22 AM

KJV 1900 forms a Series with KJV Apocrypha, and you need to right click the resource to individually prioritise either!

All other Series resources act this way eg. New American Commentary (NAC) volumes.

Serial Resource Associations are not implemented in L4. But they only work if they have a common data type and you want to reference one from another eg. reference NAC:Daniel from NAC:Acts (you may not know it will read another volume when you type Dan 4:2 but that is what happens here).

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 37
Nelson R. Pardee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 12 2011 4:18 PM

Thank you- over a year later- for helping out this newbie who didn't want the Apocrypha references cluttering up his priorities!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS