This post has 14 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 59
Mark Futato | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 8 2009 5:34 AM

How do I export search results in L4?

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 5:49 AM

Mark Futato:

How do I export search results in L4?

We just sorta discovered the answer to this yesterday. Actually I'm pretty sure I had seen it back in the beta days but it went out of my head for a while. Run your Bible search (the only search you can export, though you can get Morph searches there through a back door if you want.) click on "Graph these results". Select "Export to Excel". This is the only method that has been discovered and is pretty basic, though hidden.

Posts 67
Jim L. West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 8:53 AM

OK, so how do I export a morph search?

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:15 AM

Run your morph search, then, after running it, switch over to a Bible search. It will convert your morphology into a more complicated string. Then follow the steps above

Posts 67
Jim L. West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:33 AM

What do I do to print a list of, say all the imperatives in Romans?

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:43 AM

JimLWest:

What do I do to print a list of, say all the imperatives in Romans?

The best you can do is print a list of verse references where those imperatives occur, and this assumes that you have Excel. Do you know how to do a morph search for the Imperatives in Romans?

Posts 67
Jim L. West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:48 AM

Yeah, I've got the morph search done. How do I get the verse list to Excel.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 10:03 AM

JimLWest:

Yeah, I've got the morph search done. How do I get the verse list to Excel.

Click on Bible and it will produce something like this...

Posts 67
Jim L. West | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 10:06 AM

Thanks, I had the wrong graph selected. 
I hope that they make this a little better. 

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 10:10 AM

JimLWest:

Thanks, I had the wrong graph selected. 
I hope that they make this a little better. 

That makes two of us.

Posts 1
David Cuff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 12:35 PM

Let me start by saying I believe Logos is the best Bible Software available. I am committed!  Even though some of my pastor friends call it "bloatware."  It takes time to learn but can be a very extensive tool for study....

Now...I sure don't want to be a stick in the mud...but when I first started using Bible Software (Quick Verse for DOS) the most basic function was finding verses (lists) and copying them into your study notes. While I have been a Logos evangelist (telling my friends how great this program can be) and have gone to Morris Proctor's Logos Camp for version 2, I am a bit dissapointed at the loss of basic exporting functions normal to Bible Study software.  Also, these functions are listed as second quarter add on for the updates! Can we have these back in first quarter 2010? 

This software is VERY expensive and has cost me over $1000.00 in about 6 years after various upgrades and training.  To lose basic exporting functions seems a bit unprofessional. Also, to tell us to use version 3 to get these back also is a bit unprofessional. I could not run it on my laptop and 4 year old desktop. Had to upgrade my desktop and can only use version 3 on my laptop.....Maybe we are trying to please every segment of everyone who studies the Bible all at once.....Too much too fast?

I still love you guys at Logos (even the sometimes hyper sales force)....

Pastor David Cuff

Calvary Chapel Mid Valley

Name included for those who are upset that I complained....

Posts 50
Greg Reader | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 6:40 PM

I agree. Let's get the basics going again quickly.

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 8 2010 7:13 PM

Things have come a long way since this thread began. Currently you can export search results to Passage lists and then put them into word. However the current beta contains a Print feature that blows any previous Logos print feature I have ever used out of the water.

Posts 1
Rob Bailey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 2:20 PM

Halo Hound:

Things have come a long way since this thread began. Currently you can export search results to Passage lists and then put them into word. However the current beta contains a Print feature that blows any previous Logos print feature I have ever used out of the water.

I'm still in the dark, I remember exporting to Excel was a simple feature - where did it go?

When I search in one version NASB95 and get my results how do I then export these results directly into Excel????  Sincerely, Rob Bailey in Melbourne Australia rob.bailey.2@bigpond.com  I'm not used to using this formum and don't know how to navigate around it so can you email me please?

Posts 27553
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 19 2012 3:15 PM

Robert - welcome to the forums! Smile

Robert E Bailey:
I'm not used to using this formum and don't know how to navigate around it so can you email me please?

Most users would be reluctant to email you. The forums provide a bit of privacy that email does not. You should also be aware that by posting your email address, you have potentially given us your sign in name for Logos, as well as provided spammers with gold… (your email address). It would be best to go back and edit out your email address for that reason. If you want to be emailed, you can click the "email me when someone replies" button at the top right of the page. This will keep your email address private, but still allow you to receive updates to the thread.

Another thing you should be aware of is the date of previous posts. This thread was started in 2009, and the last post was August 2010! While some of the info may still be valid, much will potentially be out of date. Generally the best thing to do is to start a new thread, with a descriptive (but brief) subject line.

As to your question, I am not aware of an "export to excel" feature. I am a mac user. If this is possible, a PC user may have to chime in.

Correction: I thought this was about passage lists for some reason. On my computer, I can click "print/export" under the magnifying glass menu. This will allow you to select "spreadsheet" (i.e. excel).

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS