CPU usage bug?

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 42 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 216
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 2 2013 11:32 AM

I am still having this problem. Here is a set of logs and a sampling from the tool posted previously. Specifically I took the sampling after I told Logos to close after the UI had gone but was left with the never ending "Synchronizing" window and the processors still running about 390% which they have been running at much of the day for me. Hope this helps! 1754.LogosLogs.a3w275.20130502-131906a.zip

7536.LogosLogs.a3w275.20130502-131919.zip

Posts 17
Rev. Fix | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 5:37 PM

I'm having this issue as well.  Anything that can be done about it?

Posts 5
the Rev | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 7 2013 5:51 PM

My work around is to stop using that layout. It is either corrupted or there are too many windows open. I've found that making a new layout or returning to a simpler one resolves this constant syncing. 

Posts 17
Rev. Fix | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 8 2013 12:53 PM

Okay, Thanks!

Posts 14
Chris Booth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 3:37 PM

Posts 14
Chris Booth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 3:37 PM

Sorry Im having the same issue...

Posts 14
Chris Booth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 5:06 PM

6014.Indexer.log

Posts 14
Chris Booth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 5:06 PM

6014.Indexer.log

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 13 2013 6:01 PM

Chris Booth:

Looks like Library Index rebuild took 1 hour 24 minutes to complete, which is CPU intensive while resource files are being indexed.

Noticed log had some Bible Index errors; not know if bible index needs to be rebuilt.  If want to manually rebuild, can use command:

rebuild bible index

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3148
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 14 2013 8:55 AM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Chris Booth:

Looks like Library Index rebuild took 1 hour 24 minutes to complete, which is CPU intensive while resource files are being indexed.

Noticed log had some Bible Index errors; not know if bible index needs to be rebuilt.  If want to manually rebuild, can use command:

rebuild bible index

Keep Smiling Smile

I'll ask Martin this week what "ERROR | 28 | ApplicationUtility | SQLite Error 28: multiple links to file" means. Can you paste the support info for the NRSV Aprocrypha?

Posts 36
DeWayne Whitaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 5:43 PM

This fix has worked for all my overheating and cpu issues.

Go into Logos 5 "preferences". Turn off Internet Access.

Once a month turn it on and you'll see the same amount of downloads that you'll see everyday if you leave it on. (avg 600+ MB) The updates are worse the MS Word. LOL well not as bad, but close enough. Why in the world do we want to have an update every day? Once a month is plenty unless something is broke.

If any Mac App downloads an update outside of the App Store, this is normal CPU and Overheating issues. I think also Logos 5 is calling home to much for system checks. I have yet to prove this. And I don't know why indexing has to happen all the time, once things are index that should be good until the next download. I've noticed indexing does not work as hard when the Internet is off. :-)

My Logos 5 now works great and to be honest I don't need an upgrade ever... In fact today I turned the Internet back on, first time in 3 months.

Posts 2465
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 15 2013 6:40 PM

Something's broken. It's not designed to work this way.

Posts 24706
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 16 2013 2:42 AM

DeWayne Whitaker:
Go into Logos 5 "preferences". Turn off Internet Access.

The most effective way to manage downloads & indexing is to set Automatically Download Updates to NO. You still have internet access for sync'ing your documents and resource metadata, but you can choose to download or not download an update when you receive a notification. If you wish software updates only then use the supplied link in the thread that advises a new version is available.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 7
Patrick Fontaine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 14 2013 2:02 PM

Im having the same problem

Posts 24706
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 14 2013 5:42 PM

Patrick Fontaine:

Im having the same problem

Please describe your problem - exactly what happens and also include logs as per http://wiki.logos.com/Diagnostic_Logging.

Are you on Mac or Windows?  What is your computer? What version of Logos?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 216
Tim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 8:41 AM

This problem persists. I have not been updating this thread mostly because of time constraints. However here are some log files including samplings that I have been collecting when the problem occurs, using the tool previously linked. I have thrown in a couple flagged as "good" to provide a contrast. The problem does seem to be directly related to synch though. I can't remember this ever coming up when the synchronization isn't running. 

Posts 24706
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2013 2:15 PM

Tim:
I have not been updating this thread mostly because of time constraints. However here are some log files including samplings that I have been collecting when the problem occurs, using the tool previously linked. I have thrown in a couple flagged as "good" to provide a contrast.

The logs are inconclusive e.g. one of your "good" logs had sync errors whilst  two "bad" ones did not! Frequency of syncing appears similar between "good" and "bad" logs. Also, none of the logs relate to the current Logos version 5.2 where Sync v1 is phased out.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 716
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2013 5:59 PM

The same issue is being reported in numerous threads. Here is another thread on the same issue:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/68738.aspx?PageIndex=1

I hope that the logs will eventually help Logos track down the problem as it is pretty annoying.

Armin

Page 2 of 3 (43 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS