Grail Psalter Available?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:16 AM

I would happily pay for a Grail version of the Psalms (also called the Singing Version sometimes).  I would prefer the original version prior to the latest revision, but will take what I can get.

I have tried to find it searching Logos products without success, but I am also a frequent searcher in logos who can never find anything searching in logos. Does anyone know if it is available in Logos, or in an electronic version that works with Logos? I have found it on web sites and would have done some kind of copy and paste grab and make my own, but I prefer to pay for it. And one final question if you please, I would like to list it as a want in logos but can't find that page where you make requests.

thanks to all,

Mike

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:34 AM

No it's not available as You can see with the search: http://www.google.se/#hl=sv&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=%22grail+psalter%22+site:logos.com&oq=%22grail+psalter%22+site:logos.com&gs_l=hp.3...5577.6843.1.7858.6.6.0.0.0.2.109.516.5j1.6.0...0.0...1c.1.3.psy-ab.h9qnaWG0nmE&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42452523,d.bGE&fp=be7f2578c8592b5c&biw=1680&bih=880

To request it, You can reply to this post: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/12260.aspx
... or start a new thread in Suggestions.
(I've started a thread about the JB. And MJ. has also started a more recent thread about the JB.):

Michael March:
Does anyone know if it is available in Logos, or in an electronic version that works with Logos? I have found it on web sites and would have done some kind of copy and paste grab and make my own, but I prefer to pay for it. And one final question if you please, I would like to list it as a want in logos but can't find that page where you make requests

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 8:43 AM

Michael March:
can't find that page where you make requests

SuggestionsPre-Pub feedback and/or suggest@logos.com.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 9:24 AM

Thank you. I added my +1 to the suggestions and sent an email as well. 

I guess I'll probably make myself a copy to get by until it becomes available (if ever!).

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:38 AM

http://www.giamusic.com/sacred_music/RGP/psalmDisplay.cfm This is the revised version which has received Vatican approval, but don't believe it is yet in use.

-Dan 

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:40 AM

Sample:

Psalm 1

1Blessed indeed is the man

who follows not the counsel of the wicked,

nor stands in the path with sinners,

nor abides in the company of scorners,

2but whose delight is the law of the LORD,

and who ponders his law day and night.

3He is like a tree that is planted

beside the flowing waters,

that yields its fruit in due season,

and whose leaves shall never fade;

and all that he does shall prosper.

4Not so are the wicked, not so!

For they, like winnowed chaff,

shall be driven away by the wind.

5When the wicked are judged they shall not rise,

nor shall sinners in the council of the just;

6for the LORD knows the way of the just,

but the way of the wicked will perish.

The Revised Grail Psalms Copyright © 2010, Conception Abbey/The Grail, admin. by GIA Publications, Inc., www.giamusic.com All rights reserved.

1963 below..

Psalm 1(1) Beatus vir qui non abiit

1 Happy indeed is the man
who follows not the counsel of the wicked,
nor lingers in the way of sinners
nor sits in the company of scorners,
2 but whose delight is the law of the Lord
and who ponders his law day and night.

3 He is like a tree that is planted
beside the flowing waters,
that yields its fruit in due season
and whose leaves shall never fade;
and all that he does shall prosper.
4 Not so are the wicked, not so!

For they like winnowed chaff
shall be driven away by the wind.
5 When the wicked are judged they shall not stand,
nor find room among those who are just;
6 for the Lord guards the way of the just
but the way of the wicked leads to doom.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:54 AM

I'm sure the revised one is great, it's just that I have a history with the other and  prefer it (kind of like the RSV now that I think of it!). The problem might be that now that it's been revised, the chances of the older 1963 one getting into any form usable in Logos is greatly diminished it would seem. I copied and pasted the '63 into a word document. Better than no e-book at all.

Posts 151
luoar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:56 AM

Thanks Dan. Great versions. I incline to 1963.

Posts 33430
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 1:40 PM

One of the things we need to convince Logos is important is Psalters - historical as well as present.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 14 2013 10:21 PM

To me it feels much like the difference between the JB and the NJB, both are wonderful, the New Grail feels more formal to me, but that isn't a bad thing. I would gladly buy both if available.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS