Proclaim Crashes on Windows when no internet present

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1
Michael Stalley | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:36 PM

I have proclaim on Windows and Mac.  When the internet is not working and I go "on air" proclaim crashes on my Windows laptop (but does not do the same thing on Mac).  Unfortunately church does not have internet and I use the Windows Laptop for presentation.  

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 3:59 PM

Michael, we are aware of this problem and are working to get a fix out ASAP for this. Thank you for reporting this.

Posts 194
Allen Petersen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 15 2013 7:21 PM

We have published an update which includes a fix for going on air with no network connection.

-allen

Posts 5
William Walsh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 18 2013 6:33 PM

Based on this forum entry these general questions came to mind:

• How do you distribute updates and how do we take them on, or is it all automatic?
  • How do we know all the Proclaim machines involved in settting up are at the same level or does it matter.

Posts 4704
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 1:47 AM

William Walsh:
How do you distribute updates and how do we take them on, or is it all automatic?

When you launch Proclaim (with an internet connection) and a new version is available you are offered the chance to update now or later.

I think that the team have foresworn issuing the option over the weekend these days but if you have not opened the program for a while you could be offered an upgrade at any time you do open it.

William Walsh:
How do we know all the Proclaim machines involved in settting up are at the same level or does it matter.

As Proclaim is a constantly developing workspace it is wise that all participants are encouraged to update to the latest version as soon as it becomes available however for the most part it will not matter providing that the version is relatively recent.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS