Powerpoint import problems abound

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Scot Ruffatto | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 19 2013 8:30 AM

I am using Proclaim on OSX 10.6.8 with Powerpoint 2011.  Not only are the fonts that I have installed on my macbook through fontbook not showing up on the imported slides, but some of the graphics, i.e. jpgs are missing also.  Add to that problem that signals from one slide are sent out from every slide and since simple font animations don't work one needs to make 4 slides to have 3 bullet points.  My frustration level is pretty high. 

Perhaps I was wrong to think Proclaim could be used for sermon illustrations?  Also, I wouldn't use powerpoint if I could make individual content slides that allowed for positioning of graphics and text.  But I don't see that forthcoming either.  

Please help, because I love the potential of the overall concept of Proclaim.

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 9:46 AM

Proclaim cannot support text animations, so removing those will be necessary to properly display your slides.

If you want to capture the slides exactly as they appear you should save a copy of your presentation as Images in PowerPoint and then import them as an image slideshow in Proclaim.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 14
Scot Ruffatto | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 19 2013 10:02 AM

Not complaining, but why should I have to save the ppt as images?  If Proclaim says it imports ppt then it should import ppt.  I'm okay without the animations, but shouldn't the bug about the fonts and images be addressed?  Just wondering.  Thanks

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 7:55 AM

We are in the process of improving PowerPoint support. I mentioned the images workaround as a stopgap measure in the meantime in case there are components of your presentation that are not coming through.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS