IVP collection and OT materials

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1376
Ben | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 8 2009 4:18 PM

Will the two OT volumes on prepub eventually be added to the Essential IVP collection? I see that the "essential collection" contains the NT equivalents of those OT volumes (the third of which has only recently been published and isn't even on prepub like the other two.)

What are the odds of adding the third volume to the package of the first two?

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 8:57 PM

Ben:

Will the two OT volumes on prepub eventually be added to the Essential IVP collection? I see that the "essential collection" contains the NT equivalents of those OT volumes (the third of which has only recently been published and isn't even on prepub like the other two.)

What are the odds of adding the third volume to the package of the first two?

That would be nice, if possible. The IVP dictionaries are some of the best.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 18704
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:02 PM

Yes, that would be great. I already asked about it a while back, and the reply was it's up to IVP whether they want to include this. Sometimes publishers do add later released hardcover volumes to their Logos collections and allow existing owners to upgrade, and sometimes they don't.

Posts 44
Sam Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2009 9:30 PM

I'm definitely interested in buying the Essential IVP Reference Collection, but I guess I'll wait now since I see it's incomplete. When those three references are added, that'll make 20 references in all! (excluding the KJV)

Posts 18704
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:13 AM

Sam Shaw:

I'm definitely interested in buying the Essential IVP Reference Collection, but I guess I'll wait now since I see it's incomplete. When those three references are added, that'll make 20 references in all! (excluding the KJV)

Don't wait now! It just showed up as Day 8 of the "12 Days of Logos" Christmas special. Retail: $190.00. Today only: $89.95. Go to www.12DaysOfLogos.com. Even with those three volumes missing, it's a steal. You'll never be able to get those 17 volumes for this price anywhere else. That's around $5 each! I wish I hadn't bought it already a couple of years ago. :-(

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:15 AM

I use this IVP stuff ALL the time and consider it an essential upgrade to a Logos base package.

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 1:12 AM

I spoke with an IVP rep back when the first two Dictionaries of the OT appeared on Logos pre-pub to help me decide if I wanted to wait for an OT Essentials collection. He told me that IVP was currently working on a fourth OT Dictionary (Prophets) and is considering a fifth volume of the Background of the OT, similar to their NT dictionary. He said that the assumpyion by most people there was that only after ALL the OT Dictionaries were published in hardcopy and subsequently converted in Libronix format would we likely see a separate OT Essentials Collection featuring the OT Dictionaries and some other resources, likely including the addition pocket dictionaries.

I noticed that the hardcopy of these volumes seem to appear about ever three years, (with the last Dictionary of the OT being published in June 2008), so I asked him if it was a safe bet we wouldn't see the Dictionary on the Prophets until 2011 and any new electronic collection for Logos a couple of years after that. After reminding me of the possibility of a fifth volume (2014?) he assured me I didn't need to start saving my coin... yet.

For what it's worth.

Steve R.

Posts 44
Sam Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 12:37 PM

Rosie Perera:

Sam Shaw:

Don't wait now! It just showed up as Day 8 of the "12 Days of Logos" Christmas special. Retail: $190.00. Today only: $89.95. Go to www.12DaysOfLogos.com. Even with those three volumes missing, it's a steal. You'll never be able to get those 17 volumes for this price anywhere else. That's around $5 each! I wish I hadn't bought it already a couple of years ago. :-(

Oh, thank you, but I don't have the money either way. Don't worry—it's the exact same price with the academic discount, and before 12DaysOfLogos, it was only $10 more with the academic discount. I'm waiting, not just to get a more complete version, but also to get the money for it—unless Logos wants to gift a churchless college student with some material to read...>_>

Posts 44
Sam Shaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:03 PM

WOW!!!

Someone actually just gifted me with The Essential IVP Reference Collection 3.0!!! What a Christmas present!

May God enable me to pass along His generosity and love to others in my life for His glory!!! Thank You, Jesus'  Helper!

Posts 9096
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:10 PM

YesYes

Does anyone now want to gift an employed pastor a set of the ICC commentaries for Christmas?? Wink

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 5:45 PM

Anybody want to upgrade me to Portfolio? Big Smile

(I'm not employed by a church... but I'm looking)

Either way, Sam, that's awesome!

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:40 PM

Sam Shaw:
Someone actually just gifted me with
I rejoice with you Brother!  Praise God for a generous servant.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 376
Dan Sheppard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2009 7:51 PM

Well I am a state worker, go to work at 10:00, get off at 2:00 with a two-hour lunch.

Not really, but I wanted to see all the EYES WIDEN.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS