12 Days of Logos Christmas Special

Page 2 of 11 (217 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 216 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3768
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 7:51 AM

Shawn Drewett:

Funny, when I go to my account page and I am logged in, the Logos Newswire is not checked. I have tried several times to check it and update subscriptions but after this it is unchecked again! I can't seem to "stay" subscribed!

you are probably doing this, but since you didn't explicitly describe doing this action: have you clicked "confirm" AFTER you checkmark the selection?

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 549
Shawn Drewett | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 7:50 PM

It's the weirdest thing. I got no confirm button when  I would check Logos Newswire and hit update, so out of curosity I checked ALL then updated. If came back with a confirm button next to the iphone and macintosh groups but these are the only two confirm buttons on the page.

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 4:49 AM

Passed on yesterday's special but picked up today's.  Is it tomorrow yet??  Time

Kaye

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 5:35 AM

Milford Charles Murray:

Randy Hartman:

Looks like "Santa Bob" has struck again.

Peace and Joy in the Lord This Christmas and Always, Randy!            *smile*

Thank you muchly for your post ..............         I live in Eastern Canada (EST time)      .........    and           .........  don't have my newswire yet        ..........         am sure it's coming              .........     but          ...............           meanwhile - because of your post -  I now have "A Christmas Carol" both on my Logos 3.0g and 4.0 and am commencing reading it again for who knows how many times over the years            ............    *smile*

............   am looking forward to the next 11 days of Logos' 12 Days of Christmas       ..........

...........   really clever and heart-warming, Logos!    Thank you!

Yours in Christ,

Mel

Yes, I like to re-read that every Christmas.  They used to have it movies of it on TV when I was a kid.  Of course, since I haven't watched TV for over 10 yrs, I don't know whether they still do though I suppose with the myriad channels someone will have it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 5:58 AM

No wonder you have time to master the original languages and do not need interlinears!

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:44 AM

Randy Hartman:

No wonder you have time to master the original languages and do not need interlinears!

Yes, TV is "the great time-waster", but even when I was watching TV I never used an interlinear.  I think I used an analytical lexicon once or twice (for Hebrew, I think).  It's a matter of determining that you are going to force yourself to master it.  

Sin couches at the door;
Its urge is toward you,
Yet you can be its master.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:55 AM

George Somsel:
Yes, TV is "the great time-waster", but even when I was watching TV I never used an interlinear.  I think I used an analytical lexicon once or twice (for Hebrew, I think).  It's a matter of determining that you are going to force yourself to master it.  

Often the greatest distinguishing value between masters and amateurs is self-discipline, not intelligence.

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:58 AM

No cable TV in my house!  Just a DVD player for the occasional movie.  I get so much more done (and eat less junk food) than I did before I turned it off.

Logos would be gathering dust if it was still on.  Just too easy to flop down at the end of the day and be mindless for a while.  And I can apply that money to more resources!!!

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:59 AM

Kaye Anderson:
Just too easy to flop down at the end of the day and be mindless for a while. 

Funny, that's exactly what I do with the forum.

Posts 706
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:03 AM

Today's deal is the Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary. I am a non-seminary trained Pastor. Would this be a good resource for me? My funds are very limited but this seems like a good deal.

Is it really worth the money? Would it have practical use for me?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:11 AM

Jerry Bush:

Today's deal is the Anchor Yale Bible Dictionary. I am a non-seminary trained Pastor. Would this be a good resource for me? My funds are very limited but this seems like a good deal.

Jerry

In my never humble opinion it is never without value to almost anyone.  Buy it while you can get it cheap.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:13 AM

Philip Spitzer:

George Somsel:

Often the greatest distinguishing value between masters and amateurs is self-discipline, not intelligence.

Yes, if a cave man like me can learn Greek and Hebrew, so can anyone.  Wink

george
gfsomsel

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:20 AM

George Somsel:
Yes, if a cave man like me can learn Greek and Hebrew, so can anyone.  Wink

I really do hope that intelligence statement wasn't taken as a jab. It would be a silly one seeing as how I spelled intelligence wrong. In all seriousness, and for the record, it was directed at anyone.

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:33 AM

Jerry Bush:

Jerry

It is a good deal. I have it and highly recommend it. If you have the revised ISBE, you have something comparable (but a bit older, and some would argue, not as good).

It would have practical use for you, if you want to research Biblical people, places, things, and/or significant Biblical terms "Kingdom of God" Faith, etc. You may not always agree with the authors, but you'll find disagreeing with them brings out a better thinking through of the issues in you.

I have both ISBE and AYBD, and like both.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 129
Tom Blanchard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:27 AM

Thanks for the encouragement on AYBD, Richard. Okay, it just downloaded to the French Alps.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:07 AM

Richard DeRuiter:

It is a good deal. I have it and highly recommend it. If you have the revised ISBE, you have something comparable (but a bit older, and some would argue, not as good).

It would have practical use for you,

So right Richard. This is another one of those titles that I would call useful for every user. It is certainly scholarly enough to keep the interest of academics but I find myself (definitely a non-scholar) reading through it for long stretches at a time. It is worth the retail price but why not get it now and save? I am only sad one of the 12 days of Christamas specials was something I already have. Sad

- did Tom just say he downloded it to the French Alps?  It is only 18'F in OKC this morning and it's not as pretty as alpine scenery. I'd rather be with Lynden Williams downloading in the Bahamas.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 1:59 PM

Philip Spitzer:

Hmmm... So true. Can I quote you on that one Philip?

Bohuslav

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:27 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Philip Spitzer:

By all means.

Posts 5571
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 2:55 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Go ahead. He doesn't have the self-discipline to say no. Wink

(Nor did I have the self-discipline to pass up an opportunity for a friendly jab, like this one.)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:20 PM

Richard DeRuiter:

Go ahead. He doesn't have the self-discipline to say no. Wink

(Nor did I have the self-discipline to pass up an opportunity for a friendly jab, like this one.)

That's alright. If I had self-discipline I would have never seen your jab because I would have forsaken my forum addiction. Oh well...off to another post :-)

Page 2 of 11 (217 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS