Latest update - Problem re Logos 5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:07 PM

Hi folks

Logos 5 has just done an update but it refuses to accept it. The error message says there was an error writing to file and to verify that I've access to the directory C:\users\Spanky2\Appdat|local|logos4\en-US\logos.exe.mui. But nothing has changed from last time around when there was an update. Can anyone throw light on this problem please ASAP. Thanks so much.

Gerald

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 12:58 PM

Gerald Rodgers:

Hi folks

Logos 5 has just done an update but it refuses to accept it. The error message says there was an error writing to file and to verify that I've access to the directory C:\users\Spanky2\Appdat|local|logos4\en-US\logos.exe.mui. But nothing has changed from last time around when there was an update. Can anyone throw light on this problem please ASAP. Thanks so much.

Gerald

This looks like a Windows permissions problem.

This could be caused by several factors, like a file permission being set incorrectly, or by the file being in use. It's possible that a restart of Windows could fix the issue where Windows thinks the file is in use.

I'm no Windows guru, so I can't give much more help here, beyond advising a restart of Windows.

It's possible that the logs might tell us something. If you could, upload the Logossetup.log in .../Documents/Logos Log Files/ (Here are the Wiki instructions for how to upload logs: http://wiki.logos.com/Uploading_Logs )

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 3187
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 20 2013 2:43 PM

Richard DeRuiter:
This looks like a Windows permissions problem.

Yup. Can you (Gerald) follow the instructions here http://www.logos.com/support/logos5/windows/error-writing-to-file

Posts 186
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 21 2013 12:23 AM

Hi

Thanks for all the help received. The guidance from the Logos page resolved the issue!!

Kind regards

Gerald

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS