BUG: Lingering dropdown in BWS

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:08 PM

I was checking to confirm that the lingering popup in BUG: Another repeatable case of popups that don't go away truly had gone away in 5.0b when I found another one instead:

1) Opened BWS, which opened 'empty' but with λογος already in the reference box.

2) Hit Enter to execute.

3) Along with the results I also got a dropdown below the box:

Now, why would I need a dropdown after I just executed the BWS? Enter should close the dropdown, not open it.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 27 2013 10:03 AM

Bump 

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 4:49 PM

The behavior is the same for Windows and Mac. I noticed that bringing focus elsewhere (like elsewhere on the BWS panel) after a second or two causes the reference box to collapse. Can you verify that this behavior or does not amount of clicking elsewhere cause the drop down to disappear? 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 6:19 AM

Tommy Ball:
Can you verify that this behavior

Yes. It's just that it shouldn't be there at all. Like I said: "why would I need a dropdown after I just executed the BWS? Enter should close the dropdown, not open it".

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 9:18 AM

fgh:
It's just that it shouldn't be there at all. Like I said: "why would I need a dropdown after I just executed the BWS?

Agreed. I'll file a case. 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 9:33 AM

Thanks.

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 1471
Angela Murashov | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 14 2013 4:58 PM

fgh:
Now, why would I need a dropdown after I just executed the BWS? Enter should close the dropdown, not open it.

This will be fixed in 5.1a Beta 3. 

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 30 2013 2:53 PM

Confirmed fixed in RC3.   

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS