Bold Font Bug

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 55
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:00 AM

The last several days I have noticed the pop-ups (when I hover my mouse over a hyper-link) occasionally displaying with bold font. Today, the references in a morph search also displayed in bold. Here's a pic:

Weird. I have been able to resolve this issue by either moving the window (doesn't always work), changing the default font and then changing it back to 'default,' or restarting Logos.

A similar issue is discussed here and here.

I don't know the best place to report these kinds of bugs. I'm not looking for a response; just wanting to make this bug known. Thanks.

John

Posts 464
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 22 2013 3:52 PM

Bump.  Hopefully, someone at logos will acknowledge they're looking into the issue. (no response to any of the 3 threads as yet)

OS X 10.14.6  |  Logos 8.9 

Posts 27798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 7:36 AM

I experienced the "Bold Font Bug" today to. A restart cleared it up. Ugh. Tongue Tied 

I am on Mac 10.8.2 running Logos 5.0b, SR1.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 576
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 9:00 AM

I also have experienced this. It comes and goes randomly.

I am on Mac 10.6.8 and Logos 5.0b SR1.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 464
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 12:49 PM

Still a current issue for me. 5.0b SR1

Wow, welcome to the "Bold Font" club Alabama.  Tongue Tied

Posts 27798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 1:24 PM

Anon:
welcome to the "Bold Font" club Alabama.

Thanks... I guess. Big Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 8:01 PM

We are aware of the issue. Unfortunately, we are also having trouble reproducing it, so we've yet to isolate the root cause of the issue. If you have any steps to reproduce the issue reliably, we'd love to hear them.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 464
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 10:10 PM

Tom Philpot:
We are aware of the issue.

Thanks for the update Tom.

Posts 55
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 25 2013 11:47 PM
Tom, thanks for taking note. I have yet to see a repeatable pattern for the cause of this—sometimes it happens when I first open Logos, sometimes when I open a new resource, sometimes it appears to just happen out of the blue. It hasn't happened since I started this thread. I'll do my best to look for a repeatable scenario. Thanks again.
Posts 576
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 5:14 AM

Thanks Tom for the information.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 55
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:37 AM

Tom, don't know if this helps, but I was able to semi-reproduce the bug. I noticed that it happened in the [original] Treasury of Scripture Knowledge (I'm working on some material for Russian speaking Christians who only have access to Strong's and a form of the TSK that I'm translating for them). When I changed the font size using the font adjuster in the pull-down under the icon of the book from fourth slot from the right to fifth slot from the right, the bold went away. When I changed the font size back to fourth from the right using the adjuster, the font went back to bold. I was able to do this several times with the same results.

This doesn't explain how the it originated, but I was able to remove it and bring it back. :) BTW, while I have noticed this in connection with other windows/pop-ups, but I have primarily noticed it happening with cross-references, whether in a resource such as the TSK or the cross-references in the Bibles.

Here are a couple of screen-shots from the most recent episode, as described above. Wish I could offer more help. I'll keep watching.

Posts 55
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 6:43 AM

Tom, I went to another resource I had open and changed the font size using the adjuster to the fourth slot from the right and it changed the pop-up fonts to bold as per this screenshot. When I adjust the font to the third slot from the right, the font in the pop-up is no longer bold. Preliminary guess is that it might be connected with the larger font size, esp. in that particular slot (fourth from the right).

Posts 27798
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 7:54 AM

For clarification: I didn't change any font sliders when the Bold Font Bug struck my computer… but it is good that you could reproduce it that way. Maybe it will give some insight. 

Posts 67
Tom Philpot | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 8:06 AM

John,

I was researching this a little bit last night at home in 5.0b. I did see similar results that seemed to indicate it was related to the font sizing. When I had the font sizing set to the default size (3rd from the left) the bold was not visible. Making the font smaller or larger did seem to make the issue more consistent. I'll try to spend more time looking into it today now that I'm in the office.

Posts 576
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:24 AM

I did not change font slider when the bold bug hit. I could make it disappear by fooling with the slider.

Soli Deo Gloria,

Randy

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Posts 464
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 11:35 AM

Tom Philpot:

John,

I was researching this a little bit last night at home in 5.0b. I did see similar results that seemed to indicate it was related to the font sizing. When I had the font sizing set to the default size (3rd from the left) the bold was not visible. Making the font smaller or larger did seem to make the issue more consistent. I'll try to spend more time looking into it today now that I'm in the office.

Tom, I documented the font size slider interaction here

Posts 67
Tom Philpot | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 12:02 PM

Anon,

Thanks for pointing that out. We've got a case for the bug and I've updated it with all the information we have so far, including links to these two threads.

Posts 55
John R. Gentry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 3:55 AM

Tom, don't know if this adds anything or not, but I just noticed that the small caps used for Lord was bolded in the attached screenshot. John

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:05 AM

John,

We found the cause of the bug and it will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Thanks for your help.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 576
Randall Cue | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:31 AM

Tom, just to let you know, I have also gotten italics. Here is a screen shot.

Soli Deo Gloria

Randy

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS