Proclaim presentation on Kindle Fire HD

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Rod Lewis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 22 2013 1:44 PM

The Logos software works great, but it does not see any Proclaim presentations when I am connected to the same network as the presentation software.  Even when I locate our church and add it in, it still sees no presentations (active or other).  How does it go about seeing the presentations so that I can participate in that portion of the service?

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 1:32 PM

Make sure that you are signed in with the logos.com account you use to make Proclaim Presentations.

Then, make sure that the presentation is On-Air before checking for presentations to control.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 4
Rod Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 23 2013 6:29 PM

Hunter,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I will try it tomorrow and see, but why would that be the case when the same application works with any login on an Android phone, and iPhone, and an iPad?  It seems like that is a security issue if we have to give out our Proclaim login information for anyone who has a Kindle Fire HD.

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 10:37 AM

Hello Rod,

I think Hunter was confusing the Proclaim Remote with the Logos mobile app. You do not need to sign in with the same logos.com account you use to create the presentations in order to follow the presentations.

The signals that you can follow in your Logos app are based on geographical location, not your login. So, you'll want to ensure that your Kindle Fire has its location services turned on and that the location it is showing is correct.

Posts 4
Rod Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 28 2013 11:21 AM

Ann,

Thanks for the clarification.  After I had responded, I went back and re-read it and came to that same conclusion.  Here is what I have tried so far.  

In the Logos Bible app, under Settings->Follow Presentations:

I have checked to Follow Presentations and have entered our Proclaim Group in under the "Proclaim Groups".  I have checked "Ask to Follow Nearby" as well.

In the Kindle settings under "Location-based Services", I have Enable Location-based Services "On".  When the Logos Bible app loads, I see that the "Location Services" icon is in the top bar.

I haven't figured out how to identify what it considers my "Location", but I would think that forcing the "Follow Presentations" setting would ignore that and always display if a presentation is available for that Proclaim group.  However, I am never prompted for a presentation and if I go under "Presentations", it never shows anything under "Active" or "Completed".

I've used the app on an iPad as well as several Android phones with no issues.  When the presentation becomes active (or if it is already active and I load the app), it displays that there is a presentation and I can interact with it.  Just not on the Kindle Fire HD.  So, I was curious if anyone has it functioning, or if this is just an issue with the app on this device.

We're trying to utilize Proclaim to the largest cross section of our congregation and this happens to be a device that is attempted to be used.  It's the first time that we have run into it simply not finding the presentation, so I am at a loss.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Rod

Posts 41
Rick Goettsche | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:04 AM

I'm interested in an answer to this as well. We are in much the same boat as you, Rod. We're trying to get a number of people using Logos to follow Proclaim signals, and we have several who are using Kindle Fire HDs. I had someone come up to me last week asking why she couldn't connect and I couldn't figure it out either. She had done everything right--I went through her tablet and checked everything, but it wouldn't pick up presentations. Hopefully Logos can nail down the problem and the solution.

Posts 22
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 4:32 PM

Rick Goettsche:

I'm interested in an answer to this as well. We are in much the same boat as you, Rod. We're trying to get a number of people using Logos to follow Proclaim signals, and we have several who are using Kindle Fire HDs.

I suspect that the problem is related to the gps location reported by the device. We'll look into ways to improve the accuracy given the geolocation data provided to us.

You could also suggest that people add your proclaim group to the Auto follow list of groups in their app settings. This should guarantee that signals will always show up on their devices. This is necessary for devices that do not have location services (like the original Kindle Fire) but is also a good solution for devices that are reporting inaccurate locations or simply cannot detect their current location.

Here's how users can add your proclaim group to the auto follow list.

On tablet sized devices click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the home page.

On 7" and smaller devices, open the side panel and press on the gear option.

Press the Settings option.

In App Settings, press on the "Follow Presentations" option.

In Proclaim Settings, press the "Other..." option

In Proclaim Group Search, search for the group you want to auto follow. Select it.

Back in Proclaim Settings, it should now list the group and presentations will automatically start.

Hope this helps.

Posts 4
Rod Lewis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 3 2013 8:41 PM

Gabe Martin:

You could also suggest that people add your proclaim group to the Auto follow list of groups in their app settings. This should guarantee that signals will always show up on their devices. This is necessary for devices that do not have location services (like the original Kindle Fire) but is also a good solution for devices that are reporting inaccurate locations or simply cannot detect their current location.

Gabe,

I have already tried adding the group (thought I had mentioned that previously in the thread).  I even upgraded to the current beta version to see if that made any difference.  The only difference with that is that now it won't hold the Proclaim Group.  But on the current stable version, it continues to see no active presentations, even with the Proclaim Group properly added.  In fact, I can add any group (even other ones that I know are active) and it never sees any presentations.

Thanks for the suggestions though.  Keep them coming and maybe we will find one that sticks <g>.

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 9:21 AM

Sorry for missing the details of what you had tried earlier. I will see if I can get my hands on a Kindle Fire HD to troubleshoot it further.

Posts 15
Brian York | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 3:43 AM

Gabe,

Were you able to solve this issue?

Thanks 

Posts 178
Travis Perna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 2:03 PM

Brian,

A number of changes have been made to the way presentations are followed that should have fixed this issue. Are you still having problems? If so what device are you using, which app, and which version of the app?

Thanks

Travis

Posts 261
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 25 2013 6:15 PM

Starting in Bible / Faithlife Android version 2.3.9 we list the current location information at the bottom of the Proclaim Settings screen. A good troubleshooting step is to confirm that the location used by the app to request on-air presentations is accurate. The device location overrides any saved Proclaim groups you may have configured.

If you disable location support on the Kindle Fire HD in the settings and restart the app you should definitely see on-air presentations for any saved groups and the current location information listed in the Proclaim Settings screen will show as "unknown". When location information is not available you should definitely see the on-air presentations for saved groups.

We also corrected a number of other location related issues, that should increase the accuracy of the location being detected. 

Note: Amazon is currently suppressing the Bible app for download on Kindle Fire devices via the Amazon Appstore. We are hoping they will approve the new version that was submitted more than a week ago soon but so far no timeline has been given as to when it will be made available to the public. The latest stable version of the Bible app can be downloaded by tapping on the blue button on our stable download page, but if you installed a previous version via the Amazon Appstore the app must be uninstalled before the non-Amazon store version can be installed.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS