Crash when trying to use WBC on Thessalonians

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 13
Victor Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 8 2009 8:47 PM

No matter what version of logos I am using, the program crashes as soon as try to use the particular commentary. The interesting thing is that this behavior is unique to one of my computers, the other two work as a charm. Could someone shed some light on the issue. Is there such a thing as a corrupt file, and if so, how can I fix this? A simple copy and paste would do?

Thanks,

Victor Gutierrez

Posts 13
Victor Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:03 PM

Ok, not I cannot use any resource. Do I need to reinstall the whole thing?

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:09 PM

I'm running Alpha 6 and WBC for Thessalonians is working ok for me. Because this is occurring with every version of Logos that you have, I suggest calling customer support or posting your logs to this forum.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 9:37 PM

VictorGutierrez:
Could someone shed some light on the issue.
I works fine for me. So if you want Logos to fix the bug, you need to provide your logs reports after a crash.  You will find instructions in my signature in the L4 link for "Mac Alpha"

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 8 2009 10:19 PM

Victor,

I'm sorry you're having trouble. If you can provide us more information, perhaps we can track down the issue.

1) Do you have Logos 1.2 for Mac installed as well as Logos 4?

2) If so, can you open WBC in Logos 1.2?

3) How are you attempting to open the commentary? Are you running a passage guide, opening it from My Library or typing something in the command bar?

If you haven't already, you might want to check out the thread titled "Having trouble with Mac Alpha"  here: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/3311.aspx

The first post will tell you how to configure logging and post your logs. If you open L4 and try to open the WBC Thessalonians Commentary and post your Logos4.log that may help.

Thanks,

Tom

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 13
Victor Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 4:25 PM

Thanks, I followed the instructions and here is my log file 

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/75/0250.Indexer.log:550:0]

[View:http://community.logos.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/75/5633.Logos4.log:550:0]

1) I do have Logos 1.2 for Mac which is as unstable as Logos 4 (It used to be very stable before).

2) I can open the resource, as long as I don't go anywhere else than the first page. Now this behavior extends to several of my commentaries.

3) In logos 4, the commentary opens as long as is part of the passage guide. It crashes as soon as I attempt to open it as a floating windows or go to a different page other than the one being displayed.

The problem is unique to my imac. My macbook and macbook-pro run fine.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS