The best deals in Logos content!

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 31 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 6725
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:39 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
I imagine this discussion has been already had by the Logos water cooler, but I wonder if the ideal price point for community pricing resources is about $50.  I suggest on larger collections that maybe one thing to consider would be to break them up into collection 1, collection 2, etc. which would promote a trend of a price point of around $50 or less.  Psychologically, people would not have the outlay of $200+, but also financially it breaks it up in terms of personal cash flow. Then when all the collections are done, you can see all of them to form the complete set or just amalgamate them into one package.

I like the idea.

Lynden Williams Communications

Posts 1987
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 9:39 AM

Most of the recent-released books are never available in Community Pricing, instead in Pre-Pub's price.

Community Pricing books tend to be kinda "old" books only.

Can we have more "recent" publications to be shared in Community Pricing too?

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:34 PM

mike:

Most of the recent-released books are never available in Community Pricing, instead in Pre-Pub's price.

The more 'recent' is priced by the publishers.

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:49 PM

True ... but in the case of the Lexham published books, Logos IS the publisher. It would be nice to have the Lexham series of books in Community Pricing. Then we wouldn't have to keep complaining how overpriced the Lexham Bible Guides are.

Posts 2852
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 26 2013 2:50 PM

mike:

Most, if not all, Community Pricing books are public domain - i.e. out of copyright - i.e. Old
Posts 5426
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 1:04 AM

David Paul:

Bob Pritchett:

If a title is at the end of the Bestselling list, then drumming up more orders will make more of a difference. (If the titles on the last page of the Bestselling list had as many bids as The Encyclopaedia of Religion and Ethics, their prices would drop significantly -- to a third or a quarter in many cases.)

I've been hawking HERE for years...I'm pleasantly surprised to see that it is at the top of the interest list. So come on, folks. The interest is there, and you heard Bob--we need to boost our bids to at least $50. I bid the max, and would be happy to get it at that price. This is the most important resource that hasn't gone live yet in Logos. Getting this set for $50 is almost criminal it's such a good price. Over 10,000 pages!! That's half a penny per page. I spent many $20 bills in nickels shooting photocopies of this awesome resource at 10c per page back in college...and that's back before the war (I'm not saying which war Wink). I guarantee you will spend hours just scrolling through this at random...it's totally captivating.

Bump.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 579
Andrew Baguley | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 4:33 AM

elnwood:

It would be nice to have the Lexham series of books in Community Pricing. Then we wouldn't have to keep complaining how overpriced the Lexham Bible Guides are.

It would be an interesting experiment if Logos tried it on one or two Lexham resources...
Posts 5426
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 6:35 AM

If you have a bid on HERE, please boost it to at least $50. Let's get this one into production!

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:05 AM

mike:

I believe Logos places all books that are still under copyright into the Pre-Pub program and only places Public Domain books in Community Pricing. There have been a few rare exceptions like Calvin and Spurgeon in Pre-Pub but I can't think of even one copyrighted book in CP. 

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:10 AM

David Paul:
If you have a bid on HERE, please boost it to at least $50. Let's get this one into production!

Just boosted to $50.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 7:59 AM

I'm in for $50 as well. Truly a bargain. 

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 9629
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 5 2013 8:33 AM

Andrew Baguley:

elnwood:

It would be nice to have the Lexham series of books in Community Pricing. Then we wouldn't have to keep complaining how overpriced the Lexham Bible Guides are.

It would be an interesting experiment if Logos tried it on one or two Lexham resources...

Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 2 of 2 (32 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS