ESV Study Bible

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 57 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 10 2009 7:27 PM

Is there any progress on getting the ESVSB in Libronix format?

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:06 AM

Edwin Bowden:

Is there any progress on getting the ESVSB in Libronix format?

Looks there is not great interest about this one. Or is there? I like it and would certainly pre-order ESV Study Bible. I hope it would come with all the graphics and maps. IMHO it is really great tool.

Bohuslav

Posts 6
Chad Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:48 AM

ESV Study Bible is a great tool.  I would really like to see it in Logos.  I would pre-pay for it as well, if necessary.

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:53 AM

I agree it's time for an update on the progress here.  Back in the newsgroups it was mentioned that there were "discussions" being held but dead silence as far as we're concerned since then.  I'm dumbfounded that the ESVSB is available in bunches of formats but not Libronix.   Huh?

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 11:08 AM

Thomas C. Black:
I agree it's time for an update on the progress here.

Keep an eye on the Pre-Pub page.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 12:40 PM

Phil Gons:

That sounds really promising Phil. Thank you for that.

Bohuslav

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:12 PM

Phil Gons:

Oh, my aching wallet!

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 11 2009 8:35 PM

Thomas C. Black:

Phil Gons:

Oh, my aching wallet!

You think that's bad?  You're only talking about a little ole Bible with some notes.  Did you notice that they're sweetening the deal on the J-SNoTS prepub?

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/3827

An extra book at the same price, but I'm maxed out.  "Yield not to temptation, for yielding is sin ..."

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 12:33 AM

GeorgeSomsel:

Did you notice that they're sweetening the deal on the J-SNoTS prepub?

http://www.logos.com/products/prepub/details/3827

Yes, I noticed and have to give up. Be blessed if you can. I have to skip this one... at least for now.

Have a great day

Bohuslav

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 12:34 AM

My only beef with the J-SNoTS on Pre-pub George is, it should not be released at the same time with the NICOT/NICNT. The policy of releasing pricey stuff all at the same time is not a wise one, as we are about to find out with the Baker offerings on Pre-pub. Oh dear my wallet doth protest! Too many pricey stuff all in one month, why don't Logos spread this out with a mixture of pricey and non pricey stuff?

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2009 10:20 PM

That's great news!

There is certainly a lot of interest in the ESVSB based on the fabulous sales of the print edition. 

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2009 10:28 AM

Yes I have this bible and I am ready for logos to pre-pub.  The ESV study bible is better than John MacArthur's study bible.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2009 11:25 AM

Chris:

Yes I have this bible and I am ready for logos to pre-pub.  The ESV study bible is better than John MacArthur's study bible.

Yes, I have the paper version and Internet version, but I would love to have it in Logos. I read ESV for my daily reading in Logos and ESVSB will be great addition to that. By the way, they have it already in iPhone and other smartphone applications, so it is about the time for Logos.

Bohuslav

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2009 2:25 PM

It looks not only us like the ESV Study Bible. Look here: http://www.worldmag.com/articles/15540 ESV SB is the Book of the Year in the World Magazine. Somebody just posted that in the newsgroups. Interesting. So, will we see it in the pre-pub soon?

Bohuslav

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2009 4:21 PM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

It looks not only us like the ESV Study Bible. Look here: http://www.worldmag.com/articles/15540 ESV SB is the Book of the Year in the World Magazine. Somebody just posted that in the newsgroups. Interesting. So, will we see it in the pre-pub soon?

While indeed I agree that the ESVSB is excellent, I wonder how objective a magazine can be when the book that they have just named “book of the year” also happens to be the free gift you get when you subscribe...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2009 5:12 PM

Paul Golder:

While indeed I agree that the ESVSB is excellent, I wonder how objective a magazine can be when the book that they have just named “book of the year” also happens to be the free gift you get when you subscribe...

My, my, cynical aren't we?  (Well, maybe realistic is more the word)

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 1:51 PM

Who said ESV Study Bible is not in Logos? Look at the Pre-pub page and see Smile

Thank you Logos. That was nice of you.

Bohuslav

Posts 2774
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 1:58 PM

cool, thanks for the heads up!

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 2:08 PM

Be sure you get the right thing you need. If you have ESV BIble text, you can order just ESV Study notes here

Bohuslav

Posts 1838
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2009 2:45 PM

In case you missed it, you can now pre-order the ESVSB with or without the ESV Bible text. If you already own the ESV for Logos, you'll want to choose the version without the Bible text.

Page 1 of 3 (58 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS