Help I need to marge Logos 3 gold books into Logos 4 Platinum!!!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 9 2009 9:53 AM

So many of you love Logos 3 so much that you would rather use it as base to read Logos 4 books. I'm exactly the opposite. I love the new Logos 4 and I'm prepared to learn the new software. Can someone please tell me how I can migrate or move all my Logos 3 books - Logos 3 Gold, book builders 4-6, and others to Logos 4 Platinum?. I have the two versions on my system but prefer to have everything in one place using the Logos 4 Platinum. Alex Olu.

Posts 103
Jason | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:09 AM

I do believe Logos 4 will automatically pull all the books licensed to you from their servers and make it available to you.

the ancient art of shalom: thots on sustainable spirituality in san francisco - http://me.jasonkuo.com/thots

Posts 726
Chris Elford | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:15 AM

AlexanderOluwasakin:

So many of you love Logos 3 so much that you would rather use it as base to read Logos 4 books. I'm exactly the opposite. I love the new Logos 4 and I'm prepared to learn the new software. Can someone please tell me how I can migrate or move all my Logos 3 books - Logos 3 Gold, book builders 4-6, and others to Logos 4 Platinum?. I have the two versions on my system but prefer to have everything in one place using the Logos 4 Platinum. Alex Olu.

In L3 sync your licenses. Then in L4 type "Update Now" in the command line (with out quotes). That should get everything into your library in L4. If that doesn't try "Update Resources" in the command bar. With both commands you should see "Updating Now" over on the right hand side of the top bar. Update Resources takes a while. If there are resources that need to link you'll have a download.

Chris

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 10:27 AM

AlexanderOluwasakin:
Can someone please tell me how I can migrate or move all my Logos 3 books - Logos 3 Gold, book builders 4-6, and others to Logos 4 Platinum?.

All of your L3 Golden Edition and any individual books you got should be in your Logos 4 library. If you do not see them, do Update Now command or write scan command plus the full path to your L3 resources (in my case it is:  "scan C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\Resources") and restart Logos 4. It should prepare library and you should get all your L3 stuff into L4. If you still do not see all your L3 resources in L4, you should call the Customer Service. I hope you will get it right.

Bohuslav

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 12:24 PM

Thanks but that didn't help.

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 12:27 PM

Thanks but it is still the same. I will call the Customer Service as suggested.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 12:29 PM

Alexander, did you purchase L2 direct from Logos?

I ask because it is possible your account is under two different user ID's (that happened to me about 8 years ago).  If your licenses are under 2 accounts, then there could be a hang up

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:50 AM

Yes, I purchased L2 direct from Logos and my account is under one user ID [At least I think so since I have always used one ID].

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 8:19 AM

Found the answer Yes. You were all right that L4 should pull all my previous L3 books from the server. It did. However I discovered two things: 1. The resources with video e.g 2 sides of the same coin were not pulled. 2. The suggestions to type in the command and to also search the library did not work because L4 named many of the L3 resources it pulled differently from L3. For example in L3 I have 1 and 2 Samuel. The same resource is listed in while L4 has  Let us be like the nations. Another example: L3 has 4Q157 and the name in brackets while L4 has the name Targum Job ..... etc. Thanks to all of you and the patient lady at customer support.

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 4:37 PM

glad to hear the good news.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS