Word Biblical Commentary for $40.67

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 2:42 PM

May I have the link to buy the missing 4 volumes for $40 please?

The link is in my original post - but remember, that $40.67 price was a individualized price based on what I owned.  Not sure how LOGOS' dynamic pricing did the calculation.  Three of the four were "revised" books from what I already owned so that may have offset some of the difference.

See Bradley's note for the exact content of the missing volumes.  Also, hit the link in my OP to see what kind of offer you are being made for any missing volumes. 

As I mentioned earlier, Sales was not particularly helpful in tracking down in what I owned and did not own.  Whether they would match a similar offer to you, I do not know.  It might be worth a call to Sales on Monday to see if they could help.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 138
LogosEmployee
Clifford Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 3:49 PM

alabama24:

mike:
what happend with Acts 15-28?

Good point! 

According to the BestCommentaries website, the Acts 15-28 volume came out in 2010, and the Acts 1-14 volume comes out in 2013. The problem is that Logos is offering the newer volume on prepub, but not the older one, which has already been released! 

Any thoughts from Logos? Did Logos list the wrong one by accident? FYI - the pre pub page says that the volume was released in 2011… I am not sure how to reconcile that info with BestCommentaries… 

From what I know, Steve Walton has been working on these two volumes for quite some time now. They are both not available currently. There is a tentative date for Acts 1-14 as later this year. If memory serves me correctly, there have been a number of supposed publication dates for these two volumes—I personally remember seeing a 2008 publication date for vol. 1 a few years back. Commentaries are a tricky business, with many, many delays. For example, the NIGTC on 1-3 John, which is being written as we speak by D. A. Carson, was originally supposed to be published at least a decade ago.

When you get the chance, look at the author forwards in some of the major commentaries. You will not be surprised to see some give an indication of just how long it took for them to get their manuscript to the press.

One last nugget. The great Pauline scholar E. Earle Ellis was scheduled to write the ICC for 1 Cor. He was at work on that for years, and at the time of his untimely death he made it only as far as 1 Cor 7.

Cliff

Posts 28282
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 4:30 PM

Thanks Cliff. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS