Logos March Madness—Round 1

Page 5 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 88 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 134
L.D. Young | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 8:10 PM

MJ. Smith:

Evidence that we need mind mapping in Logos?

Great idea... Oh look, a squirrel. Big Smile
Posts 2895
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 3:02 PM

L.D. Young:

MJ. Smith:

Evidence that we need mind mapping in Logos?

Great idea... Oh look, a squirrel. Big Smile

OT/OT Evidence that OT can mean both "On Topic" and "Off Topic" at the same time Surprise

Now listen! my purpose is to bring to light that more people need to recognize and therefore vote for the scholar Stanley E. Porter. Look at the representation of his command of his expertise in exegesis and Greek grammar. In fact Logos would do well to offer at least one more title of his: Fundamentals of New Testament Greek along with the workbook. http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-New-Testament-Greek-English/dp/0802828272/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362696897&sr=1-2&keywords=stanley+porter  and http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-New-Testament-Greek-Workbook/dp/0802828264/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1362696897&sr=1-6&keywords=stanley+porter 

That's right I an unabashed fan of this man. He is pitted against a worthy opponent I guess, judging by the numbers. But, really familiarize yourselves with the work of this man he is worthy of more support, that means votes in this forum.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Big Sur 11.2.3

Posts 80
LogosEmployee
Nate Smoyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 3:45 PM

. . . so back on to Logos March Madness Big Smile

There are four really close match ups:

Darrell Bock vs. Charles Swindoll

Thomas a Kempis vs. R. C. H. Lenski

A. T. Robertson vs. J. C. Ryle

J. B. Lightfoot vs. A. W. Pink

Each match is within 1%. Who did you vote for? Why?

Follow me on Twitter @NateSmoyer

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 5:53 PM

Nathan Smoyer:
Who did you vote for? Why?

I tried to vote for authors whose works I would purchase, but do not yet own everything available in Logos.

Bock is more of a scholar than Swindoll

Already own Lenski

Have much of Robertson, but would consider purchasing more

Own Pink

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:06 PM

Swindoll, Kempis, and Pink.

I'm not super familiar with Swindoll's work, but I know people who've been deeply impacted by his ministry. Kempis I had to read as an undergrad at my bible college and loved it. Pink is another I like to read. None of the three of them have a significant presence in my library.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 9556
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 6:20 PM

Thanks for bringing us back on topic Nathan...

I too already own Lenski and Pink

I like what I have by A. T. Robertson

To be perfectly honest I voted quickly and wasn't that familiar with Darrell Bock so I voted for Swindoll even though it is not as deep as I would prefer. But now I took some time to look at some of Bock's resources and I wish that I could change my vote. Sad

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 8:23 PM

I wish I could remember specifics, but I had a professor (Wheaton grad (BA theology), then princeton (MA rhetorical science), then USF(PHD communications) who taught sys theo 1, and 2. He had a relatively cautious view of Bock. I can't remember why.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 5200
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 7 2013 9:49 PM

abondservant:

I wish I could remember specifics, but I had a professor (Wheaton grad (BA theology), then princeton (MA rhetorical science), then USF(PHD communications) who taught sys theo 1, and 2. He had a relatively cautious view of Bock. I can't remember why.

Maybe he was a Pilsner man.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 482
elnwood | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 30 2013 10:43 AM

Ben:
I'd like to see John Walton's books go far.

http://www.logosmarchmadness.com/2013/round-1-deals/#walton

What? No Zondervan Illustrated Bible Backgrounds Commentary? Sad

Page 5 of 5 (89 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS