Best Way to Search

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 343
Jason Saling - www.NapavineBaptist.com | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 2 2013 7:23 PM

What would be the best way to search in Logos to find all scripture verses in proverbs that speaks about money and/or business?

Jason Saling

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:11 PM

One idea is looking for business terms in proverbs using a Bible Grid, then expand/modify terms:

(business,cash,chaplet,garland,gold,jewel,loot,money,plunder,purse,rich,rubies,silver,steal,substance,wealth,wreath) OR ((everything,greedy,ill,illicit,unjust,precious) BEFORE 1-2 WORDS (gain,goods,own))

Noticed Proverbs 3:28 is included in three translations, yet has an applicable business principal.

Refining search list a bit more:

(cash,chaplet,couch,garland,gold,jewel,loot,money,plunder,purse,rewards,rich,rubies,sevenfold,silver,steal,substance,wages,wealth,wreath) OR ((everything,greedy,ill,illicit,unjust,precious) BEFORE 1-2 WORDS (gain,goods,own))

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 2 2013 8:24 PM

Larry Burkett's The Word on Finances would be a good resource for answering this question. It's a topical index to every mention of money/finances in the Bible, with commentary. Too bad it's not available in Logos. I will suggest it. EDIT: Just realized it is available in Logos (when did they slip that by me?) so I edited the link there to point to the Logos resource instead of Amazon.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS