Unexpected Error Uploading Powerpoint

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
John Bowen | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:14 PM

Trying to upload a ppt file from a MAC running version 10.8.2, I receive an error message, "An unexpected error occurred while importing the specified Powerpoint document." This error message appears randomly as I try to upload files.  I have yet to find the source of the problem.  Proclaim seems random in its file uploading since there is no identification of what the error is or any solution for a fix.  Has someone run across the source of the problem and how it can be addressed?

6523.Unexpected Error.tiff

Posts 646
Ann Boyles | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 4 2013 3:55 PM

John, I have followed up with you via email so I can take a closer look at the Powerpoint in question. I'll repeat here a snippet of what I wrote for the benefit of the forums: 

When we import Powerpoints, we do so by converting the slides to images. When there is an issue like the one you are experiencing, it typically means there is some element within the Powerpoint that the conversion process is having difficulty handling.

Posts 44
Joni lum | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 6 2013 4:01 PM

how do you convert it to images?

I imported just fine, but now the ppt is background white...

lost all the color in the ppt slide background

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 9 2013 9:57 AM

You can save a PowerPoint presentation as images from withing PowerPoint Save As... menu. 

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 2
st87 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 29 2013 7:15 AM

Hi Ann,

I too have difficulty with one particular PPT presentation with version 1.9. I can manage to import several PPTs but there is one particular PPT file that Proclaim just refuses to handle.

I can, however, manage to use PowerPoint to save it as images. What else could this error mean?23846.Proclaim.log

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS