How To Report Bugs in Logos 4 Mac - Tutorial w/ VIDEO

Page 2 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 65 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 89
Stephen DeKuyper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2009 9:17 PM

You are indeed correct. I looked under the Mac folder. I will proceed accordingly. Thanks.

Stephen

Posts 8
Karl Ingersoll | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:21 AM

Joe . . . embarrassed to ask this . . . by "pinning the folder" to the dock, do you mean "dragging" the logging folder there?

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 3:36 AM

Joe Miller:

1. Do you know why I can see the video embedded on the Editing screen, but why it wont show on the front-end?

Damian McGrath:

OK Joe. You can't embed...

I think you have to upload....

Yes, you can embed. The syntax is: [ view : http://www.youtube.com/v/cgsPIq0yXIE : 560 : 340 ]

Remove all spaces from the above - I had to put them in there to prevent it from being interpreted as an embedding instruction, so you could see it. The URL is whatever video you want to show (can be a YouTube URL or the URL to a .swf file you've got posted up on Screencast or somewhere; I don't think MPEG4 files work). And 560 and 340 are the width and height, respectively -- I got them out of the embed code from the YouTube page. Use whatever are the appropriate values in your case.

See? It works!

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:00 AM

Karl Ingersoll:
Joe . . . embarrassed to ask this . . . by "pinning the folder" to the dock, do you mean "dragging" the logging folder there?
you got it! :-)

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 11:05 AM

Rosie Perera:

Yes, you can embed. The syntax is: [ view : http://ww can'tw.youtube.com/v/cgsPIq0yXIE : 560 : 340 ]

Remove all spaces from the above -

I can't edit the original post anymore, but I will remember this for the next time.  Thanks :-)

Posts 19315
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2010 7:32 PM

Joe Miller:

Rosie Perera:

Yes, you can embed. The syntax is: [ view :  : 560 : 340 ]http://ww can'tw.youtube.com/v/cgsPIq0yXIE

Remove all spaces from the above -

I can't edit the original post anymore, but I will remember this for the next time.  Thanks :-)

That's odd. I don't know how the word "can't" showed up in the middle of www.youtube.com when you quoted my post.Confused  Of course I know you won't remember that for next time. :-)

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Joe Miller:

But I can...

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:00 AM

Cameron Watters:

Joe Miller:

But I can..

sweet! thanks!  Welcome back to the new year!

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 9:26 PM

Joe,

I think we should edit the link to the nlog.config file in step 1 so that users actually get the correct file. Currently, you have to remove the :550:0] from the end of the link to get the file to download correctly. Not sure if you covered that in the video, but then again, some people might not watch the video (mea culpa).

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2010 10:02 PM

since I can't edit it any longer, please do whatever you feel makes the most sense brother!   I agree it does seem like a good idea :-)

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2010 8:45 AM

Cameron fixed the link to nlog.config.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 9
WENDELL LEE | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 7:59 AM

entirely to much to do!!

wendell lee

Posts 9
WENDELL LEE | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:05 AM

i am so confused...i did not buy L4 for this....it as if i need to take a computer course to keep up....

Posts 88
Rus Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:27 AM

Wendell,

The first time is work intensive, 5 minutes.  I am a non-techie and figured it out quicker than I anticipated.  I can now report bugs in less than a minute.  The great thing is that we are helping the Logos folk and that they provide us with free technical support, which you cannot find anywhere these days.

Yours was a worthy investment.  Work the field, you'll be thankful you did.

Rus Howard

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:31 AM

Wendell, sorry you feel overwhelmed. Rus has some good encouragment, but I certainly understand if you feel alpha testing is not for you. In that case, you can download the L4windows engine for free and install it on something like VMWare Fusion until the Mac version is up to date. All your notes, settings, and layouts will tranfer over to the mac version automatically via the internet so you will not lose work or waste time. Blessings.

Posts 692
Otto S. Carroll | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:07 PM

Joe,

After submitting the first log report, all that is required for each successive report is to compress the same three files? In other words, it is not necessary to re-create the "Console Messages.log" every time a report is submitted?

Thanks!

15" rMBP 2.6 GHz i7 | 16 GB RAM | 1.0 TB Flash Drive | OS X 10.12.3 | Logos 7.0 (7.3.0.0062)

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 17 2010 11:15 PM

The console message must be saved each time and then compressed with the other two files.

Posts 38
Richard Forinash | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2010 4:15 AM

Thanks alot !

Posts 43
OnDroad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:53 PM

latest update crashes.

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:06 PM

Start a new thread and post log files please.  We can't help you otherwise.

Page 2 of 4 (66 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS