Scrolling Aids Don't Work

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Anonymous | | Posted: Wed, Dec 9 2009 4:18 PM

My laptop/tablet's touch pad has a feature that running your finger along the right edge will scroll the current application.  It's scroll indicator comes on indicating it thinks it's telling the application to scroll displays, but no scrolling actually happens in Logos4.

Also the Drag Up/Drag Down gestures on the touch screen likewise display their indicator that they are telling the current app to scroll one screen up or down, but no scrolling actually happens in Logos 4.  The latter seriously effects one's ability to use Logos4 on a tablet (i.e., without a keyboard).  While the gestures can be reconfigured to do page up/page down keypresses instead, this is unacceptable as other document applications (such as acrobat reader) will move to the next/previous physical page of the document, which may be more than one screen full of text away.

Given that the appearance of the scroll bars is so different from the standard scroll bars, I'm guessing you "rolled your own".  Please eather fix your implementation to respond to these types of scroll events, or please give us the option to use standard scroll bars.

Speaking of the scroll bars, I dislike how they kinda grey out when you aren't hovering over them.  I would prefer that they stay visible.  I also don't like the rounded shape of the thing you drag to scroll.  I prefer my Windows applications to look like Windows applications with a nice squared off thing.

Most website hosts provide software to backup your site. Check with your host to find out what services and programs they provide.
Blog: How to backup wordpress site

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2009 4:23 PM

JeffreyGlenJackson:
My laptop/tablet's touch pad has a feature that running your finger along the right edge will scroll the current application.  It's scroll indicator comes on indicating it thinks it's telling the application to scroll displays, but no scrolling actually happens in Logos4.

This is working in 4.0a Beta3. This probably answers your other issues as well.

As far as the color of the scroll bars go, the color does stand out a bit more on mouse hover, but some screens seem to show this better than others. You may want to consider adjusting the contrast on your screen.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 42
Edward hyndman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:11 AM

not sure where to post this so this may do, the scroll bars have lines which clearly mark other points in the book, complete with pop-ups of the relevant section. Is the purpose here simply to guide scrolling in some way, or to point to connected parts of the work? Is there another use I am missing?

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 3:28 AM

Edward hyndman:

not sure where to post this so this may do, the scroll bars have lines which clearly mark other points in the book, complete with pop-ups of the relevant section. Is the purpose here simply to guide scrolling in some way, or to point to connected parts of the work? Is there another use I am missing?

The different colored bars are for different things. Blue are the locations you have in your Favorites. Gray bars represent the last 20 or so locations you have visited in the resource. Orange represent places where one of your searches returns a result.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:09 AM

Philip Spitzer:

Edward hyndman:

The different colored bars are for different things. Blue are the locations you have in your Favorites. Gray bars represent the last 20 or so locations you have visited in the resource. Orange represent places where one of your searches returns a result.

Also, in the Beta there's a setting being developed to turn these marks off if you don't care for them.

Posts 493
Brian W. Davidson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:16 AM

Very happy to hear that touchpad scrolling is working in beta 3! Thanks for the info, Richard.

Posts 9054
LogosEmployee

BrianWayneDavidson:

Very happy to hear that touchpad scrolling is working in beta 3! Thanks for the info, Richard.

Middle-click mouse button auto-scrolling is working; touchpad scrolling is not working. See: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4281/34292.aspx#34292

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 7:49 AM

Bradley Grainger:

BrianWayneDavidson:

Middle-click mouse button auto-scrolling is working; touchpad scrolling is not working. See: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/4281/34292.aspx#34292

Sad

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:04 AM

The touchpad scrolling issue is one of my biggest complaints about L4.  By the way, after using L4 for almost two weeks now, I'm really starting to love it most of the time.  I would love for this scrolling issue to be fixed. 

Also, something wierd happend last night at the Church Bible study.  I use my laptop to teach from.  Last night, the program became so unresponsive that I had to switch to L3 to do the lesson.  this was bad because all of my work was already set up in L4.  I had a word study report and dictionaries open to specific entries.  But the program was so slow it would literally take 15 seconds or more for a resource to scroll.  It was unusable.  This morning, it's fine again.  Go figure.  Not sure what's going on. 

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 9:23 AM

DouglasEStephens:

The touchpad scrolling issue is one of my biggest complaints about L4.  By the way, after using L4 for almost two weeks now, I'm really starting to love it most of the time.  I would love for this scrolling issue to be fixed. 

Also, something wierd happend last night at the Church Bible study.  I use my laptop to teach from.  Last night, the program became so unresponsive that I had to switch to L3 to do the lesson.  this was bad because all of my work was already set up in L4.  I had a word study report and dictionaries open to specific entries.  But the program was so slow it would literally take 15 seconds or more for a resource to scroll.  It was unusable.  This morning, it's fine again.  Go figure.  Not sure what's going on. 

Were you using a projector? If so, have you used L4 with a projector before?

As you may know L4 is much more video intensive than most programs of its type. The additional processes required to run a second video (i.e., the projector) may have caused the slowdown.

But sometimes, Logos4 just seems to do that for people. Shutting down and restarting L4 sometimes is enough (sometimes isn't).

There's a lot about this that I find mystifying.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS