Does it work offline if internet stops?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Kevin Jordan | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 14 2013 7:06 AM

Hi I am looking at purchasing new software that is multi-platform. i.e. I run a an iPad for my notes PC and the worship leader runs a PC for the music part, IT runs a Mac for the videos, etc..... but the presentation of service is delivered off of a Mac.

The question: If I upload everything for the sermon, the worship leader uploads everything for the lyrics, etc, etc.... can the IT guy running the mac- download the presentation off the online server and run it from offline?

This is in case the internet signal goes south. Internet is so risky to run everything off of it. I would feel safer knowing it was just the Mac that could cause the problem and not the mac + a router + whatever bi-polar mood Comcast is in + the internet server for Proclaim.....

Thanks,

Kevin

Posts 777
Brisa Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 14 2013 4:54 PM

Running the whole presentation from a Mac will function just fine if everything was uploaded correctly from all the different devices and fully downloaded to the Mac.

If you are running the presentation without internet, you will not be able to use signals or the mobile app as a remote.

Posts 114
Kenneth Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 5:28 AM

Brisa Calderon:

If you are running the presentation without internet, you will not be able to use signals or the mobile app as a remote.

This is a deal breaker. I have a remote that does not seem to work with proclaim. It works well with powerpoint but in proclaim it only advances item to item and will not advance within the songs or items that contain more than one screen.

Mac Pro 13 Retina 8GB, 256 flash 

Posts 1729
LogosEmployee
Hunter Clagett | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 9:15 AM

Yes, you would be able to disconnect from the internet without disrupting the service. 

However, features like Signals and Webpage items wouldn't work correctly.

- Hunter Clagett

Logos 4 Bug Report - Mac | PC

Proclaim - Mac/PC

Posts 347
Mitch Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 15 2013 2:59 PM

Kenneth Morris:

This is a deal breaker. I have a remote that does not seem to work with proclaim. It works well with powerpoint but in proclaim it only advances item to item and will not advance within the songs or items that contain more than one screen.

Kenneth,

Just to clarify... Have you added a Powerpoint to Proclaim. If so, did you "convert to images" (which will sync to all machines) or did you "Transfer control to PowerPoint" which is only added to the local machine that added the PowerPoint. In this scenario you'll likely only see white thumbnails to represent the PowerPoint you are trying to control.

In our case we simply convert the songs that are in PowerPoint to images and have had no problems.

I hope that clarification helps,

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS