Missing Collections

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 41
Karl K Nell | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:32 AM

All of my personal collections are missing. I created them on my desktop and it did sync with my laptop. Now, they are missing from the desktop but still on the laptop. Is there anyway to get my collections back on the desktop without recreating them?

Posts 5570
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 10:52 AM

When you click on  Tools>Collections, what do you see?

I assume you're using Logos4 SR-7 for Windows.

Is there anything there when you click "Open" (on the top tab, above the current collection)?

If there's nothing there, then I wonder why not. Do you know what happened that removed the collections?

They should sync from your laptop, though it may require you adding something to make it look 'new.' You can try that. Just add an extra Bible, or some other resource you'll recognize immediately. You can always remove it when it comes to your desktop.

I've not had this problem, nor seen it before on these forums, so I'm hoping this will work. If it doesn't report back and we'll see what else we can try.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 41
Karl K Nell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:14 AM

I am using Logos4 SR-7. My collection for A. W. Pink keeps reduplicating itself, it's up to copy  number 4.I don't know how to keep the box open to paste that screen. I have 3 collections on my desktop and 20+ on my laptop. I created another Collection for Christian History Magazine and it appeared but nothing else.

Posts 41
Karl K Nell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 11:37 AM

Richard,

I opened each Search Collection on the laptop and restarted Logos4 and they appeared. I don't know what happened but thanks.

Posts 5570
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2009 1:17 PM

Karl K Nell Jr.:

I am using Logos4 SR-7. My collection for A. W. Pink keeps reduplicating itself, it's up to copy  number 4.I don't know how to keep the box open to paste that screen. I have 3 collections on my desktop and 20+ on my laptop. I created another Collection for Christian History Magazine and it appeared but nothing else.

There was another person experiencing multiple copies of something, maybe it was collections. I thought it was notes. If I can find it I'll see if it was resolved and how.

In the meantime, multiple and duplicated collections is a bug. You may wish to report it as such with the word BUG in the subject line. That usually gets the attention of the programmers.

For screen captures these days I"m using a freeware program called PicPick. It's pretty cool and can be called up from a user chosen key combination (PrtScn for me). I'm not here to promote it, or tell you how to use it, but there are a lot of them out there. CNET is one reliable (virus & spyware safe) place to look for something like this.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 84
Ron Barry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 4 2011 2:04 PM

Same problem - collections disappeared from desktop, but are on my laptop. Tried opening each on the laptop and syncing - still don't show up on desktop. Created new collection on laptop, synced, it showed up as the only collection on the desktop. Ended up having to add a resource to each collection on the laptop, now it's on both machines. I think the install of Logos on the workstation might be suspect - it has taken forever to go through the 3 staghes when resources were added - a lot slower than the laptop. Oh well...I wonder if both copies actually ARE the same?

Posts 25200
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 4 2011 5:26 PM

Ron Barry:
Ended up having to add a resource to each collection on the laptop, now it's on both machines.

Well done. Sync'ing collections has always been problematic and your workaround is the most effective.

Ron Barry:
I wonder if both copies actually ARE the same?

You can do a quick check of other documents  e.g. Notes, clippings and check that the number of resources in the Library Find box is the same. Then check that a couple of Search results are the same and rest assured!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9112
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 4 2011 5:49 PM

Some time back I was having multiple copies of collections and they multiplied like crazy. It apparently was a synch problem and was fixed a couple of releases ago. Maybe they didn't catch everything.

There was a thread on recovering lost collections a week or two ago. I also lost mine (twice) and had to slightly modify each collection on my second computer, sync that computer, and then they downloaded onto the computer on which they had gone missing. Anyway you find fasted to modify the collections works. At least by having a 'backup' installation on a second computer you are not totally out of luck.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS