BUG? Constant synchronization (HANG) >> High CPU Usage >> Need to Force Quit

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 29
Michelle Knight | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 16 2013 11:11 AM

Good afternoon:

I noticed this morning that for the second day in a row Logos was significantly draining power due to high(er than normal) CPU usage (100-150%) and thus fan activity and thus battery drain.  I completely acknowledge this is on the high side of "normal," (even though it's only sitting open... though searching raises the CPU usage, it is at at least 100% when just sitting) but the change triggered me to notice something else:  Logos 5 has been *constantly* synchronizing.

Not only is there quite a lag on start up, but the entire time the program is up and running, the arrows in the menu bar indicate that my information is syncing.  Further, when I try to shut the program down, the program hangs on the "synchronization" screen until I force quit the program.

I downloaded the utility and logged my activity this morning.  Additional information that might be helpful: 

1.  I only logged for a short time (I'm in class and need the battery life ) :) but when Logos was open earlier this morning—all morning—it was synchronizing in the same way the entire time it was open.

2.  *Every* time I have shut down Logos in my recent memory (at least two week when I've been taking note) has required a force quit.

3.  I have waited between 5 minutes and 20 minutes to allow the program to quit on its own with no success.  During the logged activity, I think I waited about 5-7 minutes.

Please let me know if any additional information is necessary.  I've included my logs and system information below.

MacBook Pro (Mid 2010)
OS 10.8.3
Logos 5.0b SR-1 (5.0.2.0727)

3618.LogosLogs.Michelle.20130316-125744.zip

Thank you!!

Posts 28723
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 12:40 PM

It looks to me like your history .db files might need to be deleted… but I would feel more comfortable with someone verifying that. If you do decide to mess with those files, put them in a folder on the desktop so that you can replace them if need be.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 26030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 3:12 PM

Michelle Knight:
3.  I have waited between 5 minutes and 20 minutes to allow the program to quit on its own with no success.  During the logged activity, I think I waited about 5-7 minutes.

History sync gave one error and there was an incomplete sync of 20 min. prior to the program being closed.  I would go to Tools >> History and Clear history first. If you have another installation clear History there.  If still constant sync'ing after that then remove the following folder:

/Users/Michelle/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/791lqgk4.u4w/HistoryManager

and restart Logos.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 29
Michelle Knight | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 4:36 PM

Thank goodness!  That fixed it.

I use Logos almost every day for much of the day (I'm a seminary student), so my history gets very full very fast.  Is there a way to make Logos clear the history on exit? Or every so often?

Posts 26030
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 16 2013 6:55 PM

Michelle Knight:
 Is there a way to make Logos clear the history on exit? Or every so often?

There isn't a provision to do that, but I think that there should be a setting to manage the amount of history because Logos have had a lot of problems with the sync.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS