Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 9
Leon | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:39 AM

My Libronix 3.0c search function seems stuck. No matter what word I type in, it always returns the results for "verteer" which is a previous search. I have cleared the list of previous searches, but that does not help. I have rebooted, still no luck. Any ideas (apart from re-installing the software)?

Leon

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:46 AM

Leon:

My Libronix 3.0c search function seems stuck. No matter what word I type in, it always returns the results for "verteer" which is a previous search. I have cleared the list of previous searches, but that does not help. I have rebooted, still no luck. Any ideas (apart from re-installing the software)?

Leon

You are using an old version of Libronix. Here are some instructions for bringing Libronix up to it's current version:

Check out this thread for a patch to make Libronix compatible with IE9: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/30926.aspx

Update your current version to latest version of LDLS (3.0g)
http://www.logos.com/media/update/30gAutoUpdate.lbxupd

Update LDLS Addins
http://www.logos.com/media/update/LogosAddinsAutoUpdate.lbxupd 

Update LDLS DataFile types
http://www.logos.com/media/update/DataFilesAutoUpdate.lbxupd

Update LDLS Resources
http://www.logos.com/media/update/ResourceAutoUpdate.lbxupd

EDIT: made the links active (can also be copy/pasted into a browser)

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 8:51 AM

Richard ... appreciate you helping the Libronix'ers.  You seem to have a standard package!   I wonder why the forum software now needs a space after each external link. (Though can still be copied.)

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 9:19 AM

DMB:

Richard ... appreciate you helping the Libronix'ers.  You seem to have a standard package!   I wonder why the forum software now needs a space after each external link. (Though can still be copied.)

Yep. I have it in a note file dedicated to some standard issues forum users have.

I'll pay more attention to the links being set in the future. I'll edit the post to make them active.

Posts 9
Leon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 12:34 PM

Richand, thanks for the help so far. I installed all the updates you suggested above. Rebooted. Still no luck. My search function is still stuck on a previous search. I have tried to limit the search (eg New Testament), but the results are still the same. I only get "verteer". What can I try next?

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 12:45 PM

Leon:

Richand, thanks for the help so far. I installed all the updates you suggested above. Rebooted. Still no luck. My search function is still stuck on a previous search. I have tried to limit the search (eg New Testament), but the results are still the same. I only get "verteer". What can I try next?

Too bad. I was hoping that would take care of it.

The next thing to try is clearing your system cache, temporary files and the Internet Explorer Cache. This can be done with the Disk Cleanup tool in Windows, or with a 3rd party program like CCleaner (search for it on line). If you need help with any of that let me know.

The reason this could work is that Libronix uses both Internet Explorer and Windows to store data while it's working. And even though this data is supposed to be deleted when it's no longer needed, this doesn't always happen. Clearing the cache and temp files would fix that problem - if that's the problem (though I'm not sure what I'd suggest after that).

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 3:55 PM

Leon:
My search function is still stuck on a previous search.

I experienced this with Windows 8/IE10. What is your operating system and version of Internet Explorer?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 9
Leon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 17 2013 10:19 PM

Richard: I used CCleaner to clean all temp files as well as the registry. Still no luck :-(

Dave: Now that you mention it... I upgraded to IE 10 last week. I run Windows 7 Prof 64-bit. Now the problem makes sense.

Any other suggestion? On my laptop I run Logos 5 with no problem (Win 7 Pro 32-bit and IE 10), but I do not like the user interface. I would prefer to keep Libronix if at all possible.

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 1:38 PM

Leon:
Dave: Now that you mention it... I upgraded to IE 10 last week. I run Windows 7 Prof 64-bit. Now the problem makes sense.

Uninstall IE10 and it should revert to the previous version that worked.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 397
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 4:52 PM

Leon:

Now that you mention it... I upgraded to IE 10 last week. I run Windows 7 Prof 64-bit. Now the problem makes sense.

Did you install the patch?
Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 7:07 PM

Leon:
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit

One option for Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise is running Libronix 3.0g in a virtual machine using Windows XP mode:

https://www.microsoft.com/Windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 9
Leon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 18 2013 10:19 PM

Thanks for all the help guys. All patches are installed. Still no go. It seems the best option is for me to upgrade to Logos 5. All the other options have drawbacks.

Leon

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 19 2013 8:07 AM

Well gee, Leon. Logos5 runs on the PC and Mac. iPad and iPhone. The other mobility brand. It finds things you wouldn't waste your time on in Libronix. The right-click menu is the power-house of power-houses. And Logos5 even coordinates them all, and manages moving the books around as needed.

It seems like this might be along the lines of 'duh'.

Now before you get mad at me, I'm a Libronix lover and I use it probably 90% of the time. I run it inside a virtual box in Windows7/64 which I need anyway for other older XP software I also like. 

But I also have a fully functional Logos5 alongside and use both.  I'm a VERY happy Logos camper. (Periodically getting angry at Logos marketing).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 26525
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 5:07 AM

Leon:
It seems the best option is for me to upgrade to Logos 5.

See http://wiki.logos.com/Upgrade_or_Crossgrade

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 16
David R Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 7:04 AM

I have the same problem; my Bible Search is stuck on "pray". I think it may have happened when I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8 which I think includes IE10. One work around is this. Select any piece of text in the Bible, right click and select menu options "Selected Text"-> "Speed search this resource". This will bring up a Bible search window and you can  then change the search text in it to search for other words.

I have used  Logos 4 for two years now. I like some of the features in it (like the cloud), but I find it sluggish on a PC that has as good a Windows Experience Index as most new domestic PCs. I find Libronix faster, with the Multi Document Interface being much more flexible if you are looking through a lot of resources. I use Libronix by choice if I want to look up something quickly and I often have both running; using my main resources in Logos 4 and accessing others in Libronix because it's easier and quicker. I'm not laying out a substantial sum of money to upgrade to Logos 5  and pay for resources that I don't want. I don't know of any other vendor who charges for their reader.

I'm not a Luddite and I've been a great Logos fan in the past. I started with Logos 2, immediately switched to Libronix when it came out and was delighted with it. Can't say I felt the same about Logos 4.

David Saunders

Posts 24535
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 6 2013 9:18 AM

David R Saunders:
I'm not laying out a substantial sum of money to upgrade to Logos 5  and pay for resources that I don't want. I don't know of any other vendor who charges for their reader.

The free Logos 5 engine is available at http://www.logos.com/installation

Posts 16
David R Saunders | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 8 2013 1:27 PM

Thanks for the free download link, I didn't know about that. Logos always want you to buy an upgrade package. I have quite a collection of resources that I've built up over around 15 years and I really don't want to pay for a baseline package.

I've now tried Logos 5. It doesn't seem that different and performance is still an issue. I like to browse by scrolling through with the mouse wheel, it's jumpy and sometimes pauses. I never have that problem with Libronix. I suspect that it may be possible to improve performance with less synchronised resources in the tabs or disabling the internet, but I really shouldn't have to go there, the software should be smart enough to deal with it. The other big issue is the unpredictable start up time.

I do like the new personal book builder.

David

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS