Logos March Madness—Round 4

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 52 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:19 AM

As consolation, you could go for Witherington on Acts from Round 1 if you dont have it already! Smile

Posts 41
Ritchin Eapen Sen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:39 AM

I agree with Geo. Witherington's commentary on Acts looks like a good read from the preview.

Posts 737
Evan Boardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:37 PM

Opps Wright just pulled ahead.Right Hug

Posts 4155
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 11:14 PM

Nathan Smoyer:

It's time to make your Final Four predictions. Who will it be?

Hoping for Spurgeon, Carson, and Lloyd-Jones. Not a huge fan of wright, and don't know a lot about moo, other than a lot of people have been clamoring for one commentary of his in particular.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 1712
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 12:45 AM

Ritchin Eapen Sen:
... Geo. Witherington's ...

Ben?

And I'll lend my voice to the chorus recommending BW3's Socio-Rhetorical commentary on Acts.

Posts 72
papa_gowgow | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 6:31 AM

abondservant:

Nathan Smoyer:

It's time to make your Final Four predictions. Who will it be?

don't know a lot about moo, other than a lot of people have been clamoring for one commentary of his in particular.

I can think of a couple of reasons for voting for Moo:

1) His focus on environmental theology has produced some breath taking photographs

2) You can be hip and trendy with the youth. Just tell them you're into DJ Moo... Big Smile 

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 6:43 AM

Personally, I would be voting for Martyn Lloyd-Jones, except for one thing.  I already have everything by "The Doctor" that Logos has.  If only they would publish more of his great stuff, such as "Studies in the Sermon on the Mount", Romans, etc. 

So I guess that I am pulling for Moo or Carson or Wright.  Any the three would be okay with me.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 8899
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 1:49 PM

mike:
I have a feeling D.A. Carson will win this year when match against N.T. Wright

I sure hope not. Carson and Moo both have relatively few books, and I believe they were both heavily discounted last year, so most people who are interested would already have bought them. 

Yes, Wright was even more heavily discounted, since he was the winner, but he also has far more books in Logos, and I don't think more than half or so of them were included then (the one I most wanted wasn't), so there are plenty of new ones they could, and hopefully will, list this year. Plus Wright appeals to a far broader spectrum of Logos users. Have a little mercy on those of us who aren't Evangelicals.Wink

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 714
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 7:49 PM

Is there a way to tell which books are not in your library without actually clicking on each title?  It would be nice to be able to see only the ones I don't have.

Posts 12104
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2013 12:25 AM

Michael Kinch:

Is there a way to tell which books are not in your library without actually clicking on each title?  It would be nice to be able to see only the ones I don't have.

Use the "Buy all" button. It will put all MM-discounted books by the author into your cart, however, the shopping cart functionality will take out all you already own, leaving those you don't have.

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 2040
Unix | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2013 12:25 PM

I vote A. W. Tozer. It's 50%/50%, Tozer has a few less votes.

Disclosure!
trulyergonomic.com
48G AMD octacore V9.2 Acc 11

Posts 5423
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2013 4:11 PM

I'd trade my Tozer Collection for a plug nickel, but, alas, it is part of Portfolio, so I'm stuck with it. Can't understand why he's a finalist. Ick!

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 9627
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 22 2013 4:36 PM

David Paul:

I'd trade my Tozer Collection for a plug nickel, but, alas, it is part of Portfolio, so I'm stuck with it. Can't understand why he's a finalist. Ick!

I too have all the Tozer library and he has always been one of my favorite authors mostly due to his passion to know God deeply. He is considered by many to be a protestant mystic.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 3 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS