Text Comparison Preferences Window

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26
ClaytonH | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:58 AM

Hi Guys - The text comparison preferences window (where you choose versions ect) keeps opening when I move through text and covers the actual text.  The only way I can close the window is by putting the curser in the box that lists the versions and press enter.  The window goes away until the next time I change verses.  It happens if I'm using the comparison on its own, or when its linked and I scroll through a linked panel.

Any ideas how I can make it stop?  Makes the whole thing useless. 

Posts 22093
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 3:09 AM

Hi ClaytonH

If I understand you correctly I am seeing different behaviour

When I scroll down a page, the text comparison panel updates and the version selector box just shows the different versions selected.

It is not covering the text in any way.

I am running on Windows. Are you on Windows or Mac?

Graham

Posts 26
ClaytonH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 3:14 AM

Hi Graham - I am on a mac.  

The text comparison actually works fine.  The preferences panel however keeps opening whenever I change verse (either in the tool or via a linked panel).  I have attached a screen shot to show you what I mean.  

The only way I can get rid of this drop down panel is by pressing enter inside the text bos where you type in your versions to compare.  Then it comes back.  

Posts 22093
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 4:54 AM

HI ClaytonH

ClaytonH:
I am on a mac.  

So may be a Mac-specific issue.

Hopefully someone else running on a Mac can confirm / deny.

What version of Logos 5 are you running. I am running the latest beta but I doubt if that has changed this behaviour.

Graham 

Posts 10597
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 10:48 AM

ClaytonH:
 The preferences panel however keeps opening whenever I change verse (either in the tool or via a linked panel).  I have attached a screen shot to show you what I mean.  

Cannot confirm this in L5 Mac 5.1 Beta 2. The panel only opens when I click into the selection field.

Posts 464
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 12:21 PM

I'm not seeing this behavior in 5.0b SR2, unfortunately no suggestions other than contacting tech support.

OS X 10.14.6  |  Logos 8.9 

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:30 PM

same thing happens to me sometimes too.

I closed out of the text comparison window and the versions stayed up... I had to force quit the app ... (I'm on a mac too)

BTW, how can I change those default versions? I know I changed them before...but some settings are really hard for me to find...

Posts 464
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:56 PM

Matt McGill:
BTW, how can I change those default versions? I know I changed them before.

for a quick video tutorial - scroll through the playlist to "How to use Text Comparison"

OS X 10.14.6  |  Logos 8.9 

Posts 26
ClaytonH | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 20 2013 2:58 PM

Hi Matt - That also happens to me.  When I simply quit the comparison window the drop down stays up even when I minimise or close the whole window.  When I open it again it's still there.  I have to quit Logos completely to get rid of it.  

On your question - If you have a look at the screen shot earlier in this thread you'll see just above the drop down box, a text box.  Simply type in the version abbreviation separated by a comma.  ie NIV, NRSV, LEB 

Graham - I'm running 5.0b SR-2

Posts 3156
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 21 2013 3:07 PM

Hi Matt and Clayton

I think this will be easier to troubleshoot if you could call us about this issue. The phone number is 800-875-6467

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:57 PM

thanks for the link to the video!

it doesn't show you how to change the default bible versions... 

I can change them each time ...

I can create a new "collection" (if that's the right word) and switch that...

but I was hoping to be able to change the versions that automatically show up when I go to this tool...

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2013 12:58 PM

Tommy Ball:

Hi Matt and Clayton

I think this will be easier to troubleshoot if you could call us about this issue. The phone number is 800-875-6467

the window staying up is a minor issue... it doesn't happen all the time...

i also made a mistake by posting a different question on this thread... I should know better than that! 

Posts 43
Matt McGill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 25 2013 1:34 PM

the online wiki helped...

the default bible versions used in the text comparison tool is based on the "prioritizing" of resources...

http://wiki.logos.com/Text_Comparison

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS