Basic search highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 255
Bob Diebel | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 23 2013 6:18 AM

When I do a search, it uses a very light pink to highlight the searched text.  If I need to go through several pages of a doc. to find the search text, I can miss the pink search text.  How would I change it to a brighter colour, or add some accenting?

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 6:36 AM

Bob Diebel:

When I do a search, it uses a very light pink to highlight the searched text.  If I need to go through several pages of a doc. to find the search text, I can miss the pink search text.  How would I change it to a brighter colour, or add some accenting?

I don't know. [it has been that way for years; but some other programs let you choose a color]

Other than making a suggestion on the user request side....

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 24253
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 6:37 AM

Hi Bob

Bob Diebel:
How would I change it to a brighter colour, or add some accenting?

I am not aware of any way of doing this.

(Note that if you are searching for multiple search terms they will each be highlighted in different colours)

However, if you just want to "find the next result" you can set the "next / previous" buttons in the locator bar to move by search result which could provide what you need

Hope this helps

Graham 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 23 2013 2:33 PM

Bob Diebel:
How would I change it to a brighter colour, or add some accenting?

One idea is click Make Filter to copy search into a Visual Filter, followed by choosing desired formatting.  When search is open, words would have highlighting of Search Results plus Visual Filter.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2526
LogosEmployee

Make sure you have the "Show locator bar" option turned on in the panel menu of the book you are searching. Over on the right side of the bar will be an up and down arrow next to a combobox. Select "Search Result" in the combobox, Then you can use the up and down arrows to navigate directly to the the results.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS