What about other lenguages like Spanish etc..

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3
Jose A Favela | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 28 2013 2:03 PM

what about having the option of bibles in Spanish and other lenguages. in RefTagger? or there are already and I just don't know? Thanks! Blessings!

Posts 53
Tim Bahula | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 10 2013 9:25 AM

From http://reftagger.com/

Does RefTagger work with other languages?
Currently, RefTagger only supports English. We are working on adding support for Spanish. If you’d like to see RefTagger support another language, please let us know.

Posts 53
Tim Bahula | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 11 2013 6:19 AM

Good news in http://community.logos.com/forums/t/54852.aspx:

We do (finally) have someone actively working on improving RefTagger. One of the primary goals is to refactor the code to make localization possible, and we do plan to add support for at least Spanish. Unfortunately I don't have a time estimate available, but we'll be sure to post in this forum as soon as we have a working beta ready.

Posts 3
gary | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:21 PM

Hello Tim, this is Gary Henson in Kansas City. 

I have a question for you. I have written (Microsoft Word) about a 900 page study on Why we lack the Power of God to "do" the Works of God".

This ten year study has thousands of bible references. The whole point of the study is to get the reader to actually read the verses so they can read the evidence (without the distraction of opening a Bible to look up ever one of those verses.. I love the concept of Reftagger because the reader would simply place the ToolTip on the verse and the verse pops up. The problem is I don't know how to go about setting it up. 

I currently don't have a web site, but would be willing to make one. My question would be is it possible to incorporate Reftagger with my Word document? What would need to be done to accomplish the goal. If it is possible, Do you have examples of other authors who have used this great too?

You can e-mail me at garyhenson@juno.com,  or call me anytime at (913) 244-5617

Posts 1794
Tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 20 2013 8:35 PM

Jose A Favela:

what about having the option of bibles in Spanish and other lenguages. in RefTagger? or there are already and I just don't know? Thanks! Blessings!

As you can see from the following link  http://hombrereformado.blogspot.mx/  you can get it to work with Spanish.

As you can see it is not fancy, but it is a lot better then nothing! Big Smile

I set this up about three years ago, judging from when I set up the blog.

Looks like it was not a priority to logos (understatement of the year). Wink

Check out this link for a discussion on how to set it up!  http://community.logos.com/forums/t/14859.aspx

www.hombrereformado.org  Solo a Dios la Gloria   Apoyo

Posts 1
Viktor Szabo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2013 2:39 AM

Dear Tim,

I'm Viktor from Hungary. I really like your module and use it in my blog on blogspot. However, I'd like to have it also in Hungarian if possible.

Do you think it can happen in the near future?

Thanks a lot,

Viktor

Posts 80
Jonathan Haley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 7:17 AM

FYI, v.2 of Reftagger plugin for WordPress now works in Spanish. However, you will need to do the following...

1. Drop in ".es" in the javascript line as in the instructions below.
  2. Add in the corresponding lines with available biblia.com Bible versions you want in the php file. ie. LBLA, NVI, etc.
  3. Select those versions from the drop downs in Settings --> Reftagger
  4. I'm uncertain about the "locale" comments below, since I am using and English browser, so I've "hard-coded" it.

- - - - - - -

Spanish support

If you replace '//bible.logos.com/v2/Reftagger.js' with '//bible.logos.com/v2/Reftagger.es.js' Reftagger will parse against Spanish references (e.g. Juan 3:16 instead of ). Additionally, anyone following Reftagger links in a browser with a Spanish locale set should be taken to a Spanish Bible instead of an English one (unless a specific translation is specified by the reference, e.g. ). http://community.logos.com/forums/t/80569.aspx

Posts 5
Thomas Beirne | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 7 2014 1:15 PM

As of v2.0.2 of the WordPress Reftagger plugin (which I deployed about 5 minutes ago) Spanish Bibles have been added to the available list of translations. If a Spanish Bible is chosen the plugin will take care of using the Spanish version of the script for you.

Posts 80
Jonathan Haley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 8 2014 4:08 AM

Perfect. That is much better than having to hack it!

Still, I noticed that I can't seem to get a Spanish Bible to open up in the Logos Software, if I enable that option. Looking at the code, it appears that you only enabled calls to biblia.com hovers, not to L4 or L5. Also, though my site is in Spanish, I notice that the Logos software call inserts an [en] code into the lookup. FYI. 

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS