Whose nicked my Favourite Bible?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5191
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2009 2:13 AM

There it was on the Home page just an alpha ago - lots of bibles to choose from  Big Smile

Now it isn't Sad

Just my email address and the word lectionary to the right of that white box with the word 'Go' at the end.

Come on now own up.

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 2:42 AM

Kind of like the lost treasure isn't it? Smile

Posts 40
Richard Teschendorf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:38 AM

I've noticed that the preferred bible list is not visible in the opening window.  However, if I enlarge the window with the lower right corner, the list shows and works as it should.  However, if, after opening the program,  I enlarge the window with the green +, the preferred bible list is visible, but only text and doesn't work at all.  Very strange behavior.

Posts 5191
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:45 AM

Goodness me! You are right. I would never have thought of making the window that big. I guess I will have to get used to covering up most of my other stuff.

Thanks for the info

Tootle pip

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2009 4:54 PM

MikeBinks:
I would never have thought of making the window that big. I guess I will have to get used to covering up most of my other stuff.

From using the Windows version, I discovered that L4 is a screen hog when you do serious work.

Posts 1955
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 2:19 AM

JackCaviness:
From using the Windows version, I discovered that L4 is a screen hog when you do serious work.

It is indeed. Particularly the opening screen.

I might also say that I am not sure what I think about the detached Library manager in L4 Mac. In L4 Windows, it pops down kind of like a big tab. Whereas on L4 Mac it opens up another Window. This may be a better way to do it, but I'm into conservation of screen space and keeping things as simple as possible.  Anyone else have thoughts on this? I could be convinced either way.

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 5:33 AM

Donovan R. Palmer:
In L4 Windows, it pops down kind of like a big tab.

On my system, Library always comes up as a floating window.

Donovan R. Palmer:
I'm into conservation of screen space and keeping things as simple as possible.

I tend to go the other way. Perhaps I have this secret desire to see just how many resources I can cram into one screen while covering the other screen with A… and Word. 

Posts 5191
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:01 AM

I am all for separate windows, I shall have mine set to open in different windows as soon as the feature is available.

I like to put my resources where I want them on the screens not in a rigid grid as they are now.

After all expose and spaces are great features of the Mac and rendered useless by the current arrangement.

If I wanted 'Microsoft Windows' I wouldn't have bought a mac.

Tootle Pip old man

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 2
Keith Parish | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:27 AM

I like having the library browser in the same window as everything else. After opening the library in a separate window I drag the "library" tab to my other window.

Posts 5191
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 8:40 AM

We could have one copy between us  :-)

You can have the grid and I'll have the floating windows.

Wadya think?

Mike

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 10814
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 12 2009 12:46 PM

MikeBinks:

I am all for separate windows, I shall have mine set to open in different windows as soon as the feature is available.

I like to put my resources where I want them on the screens not in a rigid grid as they are now.

After all expose and spaces are great features of the Mac and rendered useless by the current arrangement.

If I wanted 'Microsoft Windows' I wouldn't have bought a mac.

Tootle Pip old man

Mike

I vote with Mike. Make Logos 4 Mac look like a genuine Mac product. I like putting a few windows together, but don't cram the whole app into one big cumbersome window. May I be so bold as to say, "Look at how that other Mac Bible Study Software handles windows"?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS