Reverse Search by 'Numbers' :)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 1 2013 10:39 AM

Hello :)

Inwould like then ability to search by Number. Where if i type in 365, Logos will produce all of the interesting finds (searches) that have 365 number as its total :)

Its a start idea :)

Posts 4559
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:00 AM

When you say "total", are you referring to Gematria?

Posts 9944
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 11:13 AM

Douglas:

Hello :)

Inwould like then ability to search by Number. Where if i type in 365, Logos will produce all of the interesting finds (searches) that have 365 number as its total :)

Its a start idea :)

You can already search for numbers, but I see you want a search for combinations of numbers which total a particular number.  I think that is going to be something difficult to institute.  Also, I question its value. 

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:17 PM

Example,

In the KJV NT the word "Hell" is mentioned 23 times. I would like by default to see what other words are only mentioned 23 times in the KJV NT.

i think i could be fruitful :)

Posts 686
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:51 PM

I cannot imagine any scenario where that would be useful.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 4559
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 1 2013 2:11 PM

Douglas:

Example,

In the KJV NT the word "Hell" is mentioned 23 times. I would like by default to see what other words are only mentioned 23 times in the KJV NT.

i think i could be fruitful :)

Although all of the number counts may not be perfect (there are disputes about these things--a small number of words have differing counts for various reasons), I think a hardback Strong's Concordance would give a list of usage frequency for Hebrew and Greek. You may even be able to find a word frequency list online. Don't just buy a concordance online, though. Go to a bookstore and see if it provides what you are looking for.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS