5.0b SR-2 Crash - moving notes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:07 AM

Crashed attempting to move notes from one note file to another. First couple went OK. Crashed on third one.

5758.Logos (2).zip

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 9:33 AM

And it is repeatable.

1007.Logos (3).zip

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 1:51 PM

Hi Mark,

Can you include a little more information about how you did this? Were you pasting plain text, or a list, any hyperlinks or formatting like bold and italics?

Does this occur on any note or only in a specific note document?

If you can include your original notes being merged, that might be helpful in diagnosing the cause.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 4:13 PM

I'm also curious if you are hitting enter in the note box prior to pasting. 

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 4 2013 7:55 PM

Mike and Tommy, sorry not to answer sooner.

I was trying to drag a note file from a file called Highlighter Pens to a new file called 1, 2, 3 John Highlights. I clicked on the square to the left of the note and dragged it to the new pane and dropped it there. It worked for the first two notes (highlights, actually) that I dragged and dropped but when trying to drop the third note it crashed.

Perhaps a clue can be found in the fact that I had 2 such highlights on the word sin in 1 John 1:9. I dragged the first one. It showed up in the new note file but I still showed up in the original file. When I tried to drag and drop it again, the crash occurred. (At the time I didn't realize what was going on.)

I can drag other notes without a problem. That pesky note file is still in the original file and also in the new file. I can (and will), of course, delete it from the original file at some point.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 227
LogosEmployee
Mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 8:16 AM

I see. That make a sort of sense. I'm not sure how the note managed to duplicate; perhaps some fluke of copying and syncing at the same time, but if the same note is copied into one document, it will probably conflict with its twin as being identical (not like a new note with the same information, but an exact duplicate).

Hopefully this doesn't happen again, but if you notice it recurring let us know. It would also be of great benefit if you noticed whether we were syncing at that exact moment.

Mike

Faithlife Tech Support
Win Logs|Mac Logs|Training

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 8:29 AM

Thanks Mike. I migrated the rest of my highlights from those epistles without another problem.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 5 2013 9:50 AM

It just happened again. Between my Highlighter Pens file (as before) and a new note file. Wish I could tell you more of what is going on when the crash occurs. I was not looking at the sync icon. This time there is no duplicate of the last dragged highlighting note.

6607.Logos (4).zip

I transferred several dozen other notes without incident.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS