Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 27 2009 6:50 PM
Does anyone have this new resource? I think I want this resource to help me read the Greek. I do have a couple of questions not answered to my satisfaction on the product page. There is a list of Greek bibles that the software will run on, but the product info says that it will work with any GNT. Does the GNT have to be an eclectic/Alexandrian text or can it be Byztantine? Will the Lexham Greek-English Interlinear work (not the reverse edition)? I noticed the normal speed in the demo seemed a little too fast for me. Are there only three settings (slow, normal, and fast)? What do you think of this product, especially for a person new to learning Greek? Also, I like the idea that I don't have to have lemma pronunciations while reading a GNT. Thanks!
Posts 218
John Nerdue | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 4:05 AM

I tried it out with the Textus Receptus 1894 and it moved verse by verse but no arrow. Also remember that there are different readings in the Textuas Receptus that are not in the UBS/NA27. The recording of the Greek Audio New Testament was done from the critical text so will not match up exactly.

I also tried it with the Lexham Syntactic Greek  New Testament and it worked just fine (with the arrow).

The speeds are: Normal, Slow, and Slower. I use Normal and it sounds like a “Normal” reading speed.

I like this product and like you am working on learning Greek. It will (I believe) help you learn Greek especially because you can slow it down.

If you are looking to use it with the Textus Receptus text type you may not want to buy it. It really should be used with one of the critical texts.

I pray this helps

James

Posts 172
Chris Ease | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2009 5:00 AM

James, thank you for your help.  

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:40 PM

Why is there no arrow in L4?  This is a very important feature for many people.  Will this part of the program be fixed in L4?  It is advertised online as having the arrow, and it is a real bummer to buy it only to discover the program is not as advertised.  I assume this is because of the Logos people being so busy with the L4 upgrade, but it is time to fix this.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:41 PM

I bought this program for my L4.  It works there except for the arrow.  But I can't get it to work at all in L3.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 33454
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 9:43 PM

Michael Childs:
Why is there no arrow in L4? 

Arrow? What feature are you missing?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2898
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 5:46 PM

There is no arrow to follow the reading, as in the demo.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS