Moody titles will be going away

Page 1 of 19 (372 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 371 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Apr 10 2013 9:35 AM

Sometime in the very near future, all Moody titles not in the public domain will be removed from Logos.com and will not be available for purchase.

This could happen as early as today.

We do not know when or if they will be coming back.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Posts 8972
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 9:46 AM

Kent can you explain in general terms why this is happening? Can we still purchase them today?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 8972
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 9:48 AM

If I'm not mistaken is that  not 275 resources? That is huge!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 9:56 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Kent can you explain in general terms why this is happening? Can we still purchase them today?

I'm sorry; I'm not able to go into further detail.

You can still purchase them at this very moment.

Posts 8972
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 10:01 AM

This is very disappointing but thanks for the warning. There were many resources that I have not yet purchased that were on my wish list. Unfortunately I am only able to afford a few of them now which I just purchased before they are removed.

Posts 356
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 10:04 AM

Hey Kent, I was wondering if you could tell us why this "Luke 6-10: MacArthur New Testament Commentary" was dropped off prepub after a couple of years and if it may come back?

Thanks

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:18 AM

I too feel like I had to jump on some MacArthur resources before they were gone at close of business today.

I also have a prepub for Classic Commentaries on Revelation, will that still go through or be taken offline?

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:44 AM

No, the Classic Commentaries on Revelation are all public domain. You don't have to worry about losing that pre-pub; that content ought to be available for sale in Logos indefinitely.

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:47 AM

Everett Headley:
 I also have a prepub for Classic Commentaries on Revelation, will that still go through or be taken offline?

Presumably, it will not go through. When you sign up for a pre-pub, you haven't actually purchased the item… Hopefully what ever issues are going on will be resolved sooner than later. 

EDIT - Nevermind. Smile

EDIT 2 - The giveaway should have been when you wrote "classic commentaries." Stick out tongue

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 11:52 AM

One wonders if Moody Publishing is perhaps firming up their partnership with the other publisher in Nashville...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1051
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:30 PM

The Publisher=Moody parameter is very helpful, but is there a way to use the url parameters to exclude certain things? E.g. I already have all the MacArthur titles I need, and his individual commentaries clutter the list. Is there an easy way to do Moody but not MacArthur?

Posts 18699
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:39 PM

William Gabriel:

The Publisher=Moody parameter is very helpful, but is there a way to use the url parameters to exclude certain things? E.g. I already have all the MacArthur titles I need, and his individual commentaries clutter the list. Is there an easy way to do Moody but not MacArthur?

You can do "Moody books that I don't have already" by adding &unlocked=no to the end of the url. You can add that to the end of any search url to exclude books you already own.

I wish there were a way to do this in the UI of the website (they were going to add it), but it's not there yet. However it's cool that you can do it manually in the meantime.

Posts 18699
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:40 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Sometime in the very near future, all Moody titles not in the public domain will be removed from Logos.com and will not be available for purchase.

That is really too bad, but thank you for the heads up. There were a few titles in there I'd been wanting to get eventually, and I guess now = eventually.

Posts 8972
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:45 PM

Rosie Perera:

You can do "Moody books that I don't have already" by adding &unlocked=no to the end of the url. You can add that to the end of any search url to exclude books you already own.

I wish there were a way to do this in the UI of the website (they were going to add it), but it's not there yet. However it's cool that you can do it manually in the meantime.

That is very cool Rosie. How did you discover that? I will have to save that one for future searches. I totally agree with you that it would be great if this were a feature on the website.

Posts 1051
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:52 PM

Rosie Perera:

William Gabriel:

Thanks Rosie, that's a step in the right direction. There are also a couple of other authors of whom I don't own any resources that I'd still like to filter out (just didn't want to name any names). But your method brings it down to four 60-item pages, which is reasonable.

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:52 PM

Kent Hendricks:

Thanks for the heads up. I have all the moody titles but was wondering if this also applies to Vyrso Moody titles. Is Moody Vyrso titles also affected?

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 1051
William Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 12:55 PM

And is there a way to see "collections" only and filter out the individual titles?

Posts 34
Andrew Stewart | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:11 PM

William Gabriel:

And is there a way to see "collections" only and filter out the individual titles?

I think if you search for "title:bundle OR title:collection OR title:vols" it will get it pretty close.

This link will take to that search for Moody titles (with "unlocked=no" added for good measure):

Publisher = Moody & title:bundle OR title:collection OR title:vols & unlocked = no

Posts 18699
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:17 PM

Bruce Dunning:
That is very cool Rosie. How did you discover that?

Someone posted it on the forums and I took note of it for future reference. It must have been revealed initially by a Logos employee, as I can't imagine anyone guessing that.

Posts 18699
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 10 2013 1:22 PM

William Gabriel:
Thanks Rosie, that's a step in the right direction. There are also a couple of other authors of whom I don't own any resources that I'd still like to filter out (just didn't want to name any names).

Ah, it turns out you can filter out authors. Search for publisher:moody -author:macarthur 

Subtract any other authors you want to omit using that minus sign syntax (no space between the minus and "author" nor around the colons).

Then you can add the &unlocked=no parameter manually to the end of the URL that gets generated from that search.

Page 1 of 19 (372 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS