Moody titles will be going away

Page 7 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 371 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:22 AM

Kelvin Niblett:
Here is a list of all my "moody" resources I own "publisher:moody"

Great list Kelvin. I agree with almost every one of your assessments. I had not yet purchased Spiritual Discipleship but I think I may do that now.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 6402
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:50 AM

YES!!! Thank you Mr. Nate and Logos! I will be getting a refund on the difference for my Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament.

Gotta love a good sales person and a good company behind him.  I hope he gets a raise soon!

DAL

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:03 PM

Super Tramp:

Super Tramp:
There are some individual volumes by John MacArthur that are outside of the John MacArthur Bundle and published by Moody.

1. Heaven
  2. Spiritual Gifts
  3. The Believer's Armor: Ephesians 6:10–24
  4. The Fulfilled Family

Each of these were featured in Round 3 of March Madness. Use code 3MM13 in checkout. These titles are not included in the MacArthur Bundle. Please note; approximately 28 books in ths MacArthur Bundle are published by Moody Press. I assume the departure of Moody will affect the availability or composition of this Bundle.

Actually Matthew none of these were featured in March Madness, so they are unfortunately not available at a discount. However the Macarthur Bundle does not include the Luke 1-5 commentary which is included in March Madness

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 1:39 PM

David Carter:
Actually Matthew none of these were featured in March Madness, so they are unfortunately not available at a discount.

You are correct on the first three. The Fulfilled Family is part of Round 3 and is priced $8.99  I apologize for confusing the other three with the March Madness Sale. I had the three in my cart along with other Moody titles for purchase with March Madness titles. I forgot not all were part of the sale. Sorry.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 205
LogosEmployee
Kent Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:28 PM

I’m sorry my original post was vague. In an effort to communicate better with our customers, we wanted to make sure to get a message up before pulling all Moody content from our website.

Now we have additional information on the situation. Our contract with Moody is expiring, and unfortunately we have not been able to agree on new terms. So we will no longer be able to sell Moody content.

We don’t have a firm date yet on when Moody titles will be pulled. We’ll try to give you advanced warning if we can.

If you already own books published by Moody, you will not lose any content; and you’ll continue to get free updates when we fix typos, etc.

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:39 PM

Kent Hendricks:
Now we have additional information on the situation. Our contract with Moody is expiring, and unfortunately we have not been able to agree on new terms. So we will no longer be able to sell Moody content.

That is disappointing to hear. I think that many of us suspected this to be the case but I am saddened none the less.

I previously mentioned in this thread that this makes me nervous for the future. It makes me wonder whether Logos may have contract disputes with other publishers in the future which is not a comforting fact for those of us who have invested a lot in Logos. I guess I just assumed that the resources that Logos offered would increase rather than diminish.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 120
Steve Robinson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 4:44 PM

Kent Hendricks:
I’m sorry my original post was vague. In an effort to communicate better with our customers, we wanted to make sure to get a message up before pulling all Moody content from our website.

MUCH appreciated! Thank you!

Posts 18668
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 5:25 PM

Kent Hendricks:

We don’t have a firm date yet on when Moody titles will be pulled. We’ll try to give you advanced warning if we can.

Thank you, Kent. Do you know yet whether this applies to Vyrso books too, or is that a separate contract (with, presumably, better terms from Moody's perspective)? I know Logos doesn't get much for Vyrso books so it would be hard to imagine negotiating an even better deal for Moody on those. I guess Moody no longer sees the benefit of the added value that Logos brings to Logos edition books. That's really a shame.

Posts 919
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 5:29 PM

Super Tramp:

David Carter:
Actually Matthew none of these were featured in March Madness, so they are unfortunately not available at a discount.

You are correct on the first three. The Fulfilled Family is part of Round 3 and is priced $8.99  I apologize for confusing the other three with the March Madness Sale. I had the three in my cart along with other Moody titles for purchase with March Madness titles. I forgot not all were part of the sale. Sorry.

Sorry, my mistake. I got a little confused, partly  because apparently I own 2 different versions of The Fulfilled Family and don't recall purchasing either of them! I have however uncovered another MacArthur title in March Madness that is not included in the bundle, namely Daily Readings from the Life of Christ
Posts 1202
Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 6:39 PM

Josh:

NB.Mick:

Probably 

Moody Publishers Customer Serice
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
Phone: 800-678-8812
Phone: 312-329-2101
Fax: 800-678-3329
Fax: 312-329-2144
Email: mpcustomerservice@moody.edu

( from http://www.moodypublishers.com/pub_main.aspx?id=41801 )

I just sent Moody an e-mail. It was nice. I was just making sure they know that many costumers (and future costumers!) want Moody titles on Logos.

I suggest everyone do this. It takes one minute.

Done; thanks for posting their address.  Made it easy!

Posts 1495
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 7:47 PM

All books should be public domain after 20 years. Yes

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:14 PM

Wow...this whole thread is a disappointment. Not because Moody is leaving the building...far as I'm concerned, I hope the doors does hit them on the way out. I just don't get the fawning over them...when they are gouging and disrespecting every one of us as Logos customers.

"What's that you say? You're too good to sell your products to me anymore? Hmmmm...well, in that case, let me hyper-extend and give you my kids' lunch money for the rest of the month...and all of next month, too." The Bible says if someone strikes you on one cheek, show them the other...not turn around and write them a big, fat check!

I for one...and I am apparently the ONLY one...won't be buying anything from Moody ever again...PERIOD. Unless they resign with Logos, that is.

As if I don't already have more than I can ever read and five times as much I still would like from dozens of publishers that aren't Moody.

Moody's gone??

Big Deal. I don't think there is a single title from Moody that I own that wasn't part of Portfolio. In other words, I don't have a single Moody title that I purposefully purchased...and I've got over 6500 titles in my library. I've always found them to be a lackluster publisher.

What Logos customers ought to be doing to returning all of their Moody titles for a refund.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:40 PM

David Paul:
.when they are gouging and disrespecting every one of us as Logos customers.

I think you are, once again, carried away by your hyperbole. Moody did not raise their prices. and have not disrespected anyone. Chill, David. Coffee

disclaimer: I did buy a bunch of Moody books yesterday. Made me a little happy too. Big Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 52
Erwin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 9:38 PM

David, 

Let's be fair. You don't know anything at all about the negotiation that went on between Moody Press and Logos. It could very well have been Logos that demanded a larger percentage of the profits (we do not know). What we do know is that 100% of all profits that Moody Press makes goes towards helping provide free tuition for all students attending the Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. That's 100%. So please calm down since you do not know all the facts. Also if you do not like the books that Moody Press published why so upset?

Posts 4763
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:12 PM

Oh, the irony!!

Posts 10031
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:27 PM

Kent Hendricks:
In an effort to communicate better with our customers, we wanted to make sure to get a message up before pulling all Moody content from our website....We don’t have a firm date yet on when Moody titles will be pulled. We’ll try to give you advanced warning if we can.

Kent, thanks again. We all appreciate this.

Kent Hendricks:
Our contract with Moody is expiring, and unfortunately we have not been able to agree on new terms. So we will no longer be able to sell Moody content.

It's an unfortunate situation and I think we all hope that Moody reconsiders their negotiation strategy.

Kent Hendricks:
If you already own books published by Moody, you will not lose any content; and you’ll continue to get free updates when we fix typos, etc.

Thanks for maintaining this high level of commitment. I'm glad to be a Logos customer.

Mick

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 1:42 AM

I 'hope' this is only a financial issue. And not a "theological" one.

#iPray

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 3:31 AM

David Paul:

Oh, the irony!!

This does seem to be a little ironic now and it makes me wonder what this may look like for them moving forward.

But, as has already been said, we have no idea what is really going on with negotiations behind closed doors but my strong suspicion is that the "deal-breaker" is related to money.

Posts 145
Peter Lever | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 4:45 AM

Proverbs 18:17 (NKJV) — 17 The first one to plead his cause seems right, Until his neighbor comes and examines him.

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 13 2013 5:15 AM

There doesn't really seem to be that much published by Moody that is of interest in any case so I don't know what the hubbub is all about.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Page 7 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS