Moody titles will be going away

Page 17 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next >
This post has 371 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 33
Andrew Blye | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:27 PM

Does this include titles currently in our packages???? Titles we PAID for?

Posts 9913
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:30 PM

Andrew Blye:

Does this include titles currently in our packages???? Titles we PAID for?

No. What you paid for remains yours.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 33
Andrew Blye | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:33 PM

Well, that's a relief. I know they say that, but with all the constant "updates" to the software, I keep wondering if I'm losing titles.

Why anyway are there so many changes?

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 12:59 PM

Andrew Blye:
Why anyway are there so many changes?

I answered you in the other thread.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 10483
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 1:10 PM

Milford Charles Murray:
If ever you make a PB, be sure to share the .docx file with a few of your friends!             You could make a "commentary" PB even!

If we both live long enough for me to finish, I will share with anyone who is interested. Remember, we are both older than George Big Smile

Posts 9946
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 2:01 PM

Jack Caviness:

Milford Charles Murray:
If ever you make a PB, be sure to share the .docx file with a few of your friends!             You could make a "commentary" PB even!

If we both live long enough for me to finish, I will share with anyone who is interested. Remember, we are both older than George Big Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9gIqmMm63M&playnext=1&list=PL3899D5A0A18F4869&feature=results_main

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 2:17 PM

George Somsel:

Jack Caviness:

Milford Charles Murray:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9gIqmMm63M&playnext=1&list=PL3899D5A0A18F4869&feature=results_main

Peace, George!               I surely must compliment you!                     Great!                      I don't know where you find these "items."     Besides your Greek and Hebrew abilities, you have an "uncanny" knack at finding just the very right YouTube item from the so-called Good Old Days where there was just Jack and myself, your being way too young to be part of those Classic Good Old Days!                *smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 2:35 PM

George Somsel:

Truly amazing. Appropriate too.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 33
Andrew Blye | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 30 2013 2:53 PM

Thank you. :)

Posts 1
Brian Childers | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 8:36 PM

thanks for the reassurance that existing titles aren't going away :) we still get to have what we paid for. :)

Posts 27442
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 29 2013 9:08 PM

Good news indeed. Smile

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3
Steven E. Grable | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:59 AM

I cannot express my concern and disappointment when two large, presumably Christian organizations, cannot come to a financial agreement, and all of us eager, anxious, and growing believers are caught in the cross-fire.  I could expect this from a Zondervan, but not from a Moody and/or Logos.  With all that is going on in the world today, in our own country as far as politics and christian "repression", are we (you) setting the right example and making it even more difficult for believers to grow in our faith and glorify God in our homes, communities, country, and culture?  What a shame that we, the PAYING  customers (and this resource is NOT cheap), are the ones who ultimately pay the price!

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:42 AM

Welcome to the forums Steven. I sense that you felt more compelled to make a passionate statement rather than to share in our community but I hope that this will not be your last post. Please come back and visit and participate often.

Over the years I have learned that I need to be so careful at coming to conclusions that I don't really fully understand. Although many of us (including me) were very disappointed at the loss of Moody as a Logos partner I must remind myself that I don't know the full story. I don't understand why they could not work something out and hope that something will be worked out in the future. In the meantime I have chosen to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1355
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:21 AM

Remember that even the Apostle Paul and his mentor Barnabas couldn't agree and parted ways.

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 6:29 AM

Edwin Bowden:

Remember that even the Apostle Paul and his mentor Barnabas couldn't agree and parted ways.

God is able to work in spite of our disagreements.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 8:54 AM

Edwin Bowden:

One of the most popular ways a church growth occurs after a church splits.

Posts 10483
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 12:33 PM

tom:
One of the most popular ways a church growth occurs after a church splits.

That is why there are so many of us Baptists Big Smile, but we always split over important things: carpet color, the pastor's haircut, etc Big Smile

Posts 255
Sogol | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:41 PM

The word from a reliable source is that Moody followed the advice of a third party advisor, who recommended that Moody ask Logos for financial terms at a level that Logos found to be economically unsustainable.

So it looks like this is just another case of publishers, being under increased financial stress due to rapid changes in the digital world, trying to relieve some of that stress by pushing back on their counter-parties. Meanwhile, it costs Logos an awful lot to produce and support these resources, such that at a certain price point it no longer makes good economic sense for them to do so.

Let's hope and pray that the smart and dedicated people at both Moody and Logos can eventually work out a solution that is a win-win for them, while still benefiting authors and end-users. With God, all things are possible. (Mt 19:26)

Posts 8849
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 1:44 PM

Sogol:
Let's hope and pray that the smart and dedicated people at both Moody and Logos can eventually work out a solution that is a win-win for them, while still benefiting authors and end-users.

Yes

Posts 442
Tony Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 3 2013 3:43 PM

However, looking at it from a different perspective, Logos has already spent substantial $$$ digitizing and indexing Moody resources for which they will now receive no revenue.  The last time I checked, 100% of zero is zero.

I pray that Logos and Moody will revisit their negotiations in the near future.

Director of Zoeproject 

www.zoeproject.com

Page 17 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > | RSS