Moody titles will be going away

Page 19 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19
This post has 371 Replies | 22 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 19 2013 3:34 AM

Bruce Dunning:

alabama24:

Bill Moore:
As Floyd said, it was in the forums, but I think that very inadequate. An email notice would have been much better and effective.

I think Logos did all that they could prudently do. Think about it: They were continuing negotiations with Moody, but things were not finalized. An email would have been the death knell and uncouth… plus they wanted to continue SOME relationship with the company (they still sell books through Vyrso). They did not make a big formal announcement and should not have. What would they have said in an email blog? "Hey everyone! We are in the process of trying to renegotiate contracts with Moody, but things don't look good. You better buy fast!" I just don't see it. Furthermore, there are different levels of how to present info. An email from friend to friend is one thing. An email from a large company like Logos is another. What is written should be thought out very carefully. A post in the forum is much more casual, and doesn't take nearly as much time. Lastly, a post in the forums provides opportunity for a little give and take. An email could have generated a considerable amount of phone calls and reply emails… the forums provides an efficient means for interaction with others, including some Logos employees.

It is totally tempting to think that an email would have been an answer but alabama has done a good job at explaining some of the complications doing it that way. Thanks.

One of the additional benefits of doing it through the forums is that maybe more people will be motivated to stop by and participate more.

I agree, and I think we should be thankful that Logos told us in the first place.  They did not have to tell us at all.  As a matter of fact, most organizations do not tell their customers that they are dropping a product line for one reason or another.

Posts 1
Michael Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:18 AM

I am in the same boat and will reach out to GTY.ORG as well.  Thanks for your post!

Posts 7283
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:38 AM

Michael Johnson:

I am in the same boat and will reach out to GTY.ORG as well.  Thanks for your post!

LOL talk about a delayed response! Angel Stick out tongue

Posts 9138
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:55 PM

Michael Johnson:

Michael, welcome to the forums. It is nice to see someone take the time to find a thread that deals with the issue you are having rather than start a new one.

As Douglas pointed out, this thread is a bit old right now and as far as I know there has been no good news to report since the last posting. Many Logos users like you are in hopes that Moody and Logos can work together again in the near future.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 3418
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:06 PM

Well thank goodness we can always wait for the 1000 years and I'm sure they'll show up again.

mm.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:15 PM

What 1000 years?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3418
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:32 PM

It begins SleepSleepSleepSleep

mm.

Posts 10970
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 4:41 PM

Milkman ... off with the Logos Moody ring!

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:08 PM

Milkman:

It begins SleepSleepSleepSleep

Whoop-de-do

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 3418
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:14 PM

just a test.

mm.

Posts 7
Daniel Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:14 PM

Just a test

Posts 3418
Milkman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 12 2014 3:16 PM

just a test again.

mm.

Page 19 of 19 (372 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 | RSS